Re: [Academy of Anvil] Re: Anvil! The Story of Anvil

  • Christian Bobak
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 19 8:38 AM
      After the screening, they had a Q&A with the band, director Sacha Gervasi and the rest of the crew and Gervasi said there would be a theatrical release first followed by a DVD release.

      They also mentioned that there was a ton of stuff that didn't make it to the final cut (over 300 hours was shot) so who knows? Maybe some of it will make it to the DVD extras.

      The film is really excellent.

      Christian

      captain2man <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: I'm eagerly awaiting seeing the movie....it's been getting a LOT of
      press - which is great for the band.

      Will probably have to wait for a DVD release though...I'm assuming
      that will happen at some point.

      --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "Christian Bobak"
      <kubrickrules2001@...> wrote:

      > I just saw the 4:15 showing of this movie at the Isabel Bader Theatre
      > today and I was thoroughly blown away!
      >
      > I urge everyone here to go see this thing at all costs. It was so well
      > done and was completely riveting. I highly recommend it whether you're
      > a fan of the band or not. I took some photos before and after the
      > screening and will post them soon.
      >
      > Dave "Squirrely" Allison was in the audience and I got to talk to him
      > for a bit after the screening. Apparently it was the first time he's
      > been back in Toronto since he left the band.
      >
      > Anyway, great to be here in this group (I just joined) and don't
      > forget that Anvil will be playing tomorrow night at the Bovine Sex
      > Club at 550 Queen Street West in Toronto (Saturday, April 19th, 2008!
      >
      > Christian

    • Christian Bobak
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 19 12:58 PM
        This is me with him after the screening yesterday:

        tgalloca <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: I hope I make it into the DVD extras.

        So Dave Allison was there eh? I wish he had agreed to be interviewed
        for the flick but he wanted nothing to do with it. There was even a
        plan to get the original lineup to do a tune onstage. Ian Dickson has
        jammed with them a couple times over the past couple of years.

      • Christian Bobak
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 19 1:31 PM
          Whoops. I guess the pic didn't make it here for some reason. I guess
          you have the group settings on no HTML. I'll try to upload them to the
          photos section.

          Christian

          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 19 2:18 PM
            Photos are uploaded:

            a?c=
            <http://launch.ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/academyofanvil/photos/browse/43\
            da?c=>

            Christian

            <kubrickrules2001@...> wrote:

            > Whoops. I guess the pic didn't make it here for some reason. I guess
            > you have the group settings on no HTML. I'll try to upload them to the
            > photos section.
            >
            > Christian
            >

            > --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, Christian Bobak
            > kubrickrules2001@ wrote:
            > >
            > > This is me with him after the screening yesterday:
            > >

            > > tgalloca no_reply@yahoogroups.com wrote:
            > I hope I make it into the DVD extras.
            > >
            > > So Dave Allison was there eh? I wish he had agreed to be
            interviewed
            > > for the flick but he wanted nothing to do with it. There was even a
            > > plan to get the original lineup to do a tune onstage. Ian Dickson
            has
            > > jammed with them a couple times over the past couple of years.

          • Matt Ingram
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 19 2:38 PM
              great pics.. thanks for posting!.. I had tickets to go to the Friday
              screening, but had an emergency pop up that stop me from going :(..
              bummed I missed seeing it. Would've liked to been there for the Q&A as
              well.

              Matt.

              Christian Bobak wrote:

              > Photos are uploaded:

              > a?c=
              > <http://launch.ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/academyofanvil/photos/browse/43da?c=>
              > da?c=
              > <http://launch.ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/academyofanvil/photos/browse/43da?c=>>
              >
              > Christian
              >
              > --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com
              > <mailto:academyofanvil%40yahoogroups.com>, "Christian Bobak"
              > <kubrickrules2001@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Whoops. I guess the pic didn't make it here for some reason. I guess
              > > you have the group settings on no HTML. I'll try to upload them to the
              > > photos section.
              > >
              > > Christian
              > >

              > > --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com
              > <mailto:academyofanvil%40yahoogroups.com>, Christian Bobak
              > > kubrickrules2001@ wrote:
              > > >
              > > > This is me with him after the screening yesterday:
              > > >

              > > > tgalloca no_reply@yahoogroups.com
              > <mailto:no_reply%40yahoogroups.com> wrote:
              > > I hope I make it into the DVD extras.
              > > >
              > > > So Dave Allison was there eh? I wish he had agreed to be
              > interviewed
              > > > for the flick but he wanted nothing to do with it. There was even a
              > > > plan to get the original lineup to do a tune onstage. Ian Dickson
              > has
              > > > jammed with them a couple times over the past couple of years.

              \m/ HEAVY METAL EARTHQUAKE \m/

              JOE THRASHER - Thrash Metal Band
              http://www.joethrasher.com
              http://www.myspace.com/joethrasher
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 23 11:31 PM
                Thanks man!!!

                great to see a recent pic of Dave
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 24 5:12 AM
                  I read a comment on Anvil MySpace that says that the Première of the
                  movie should be in New York City at the end of May. Does somebody knows
                  the date? I checked the movie site and didn't find anything. Thanks!

                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 24 5:24 AM
                    All I know so far is that it is playing one more time in Toronto this coming Sunday, April 27th at the Royal Theatre at 608 College St. at 9:30pm. That might be the last of Hot Docs or it could be just a one-off at a repertory cinema. After that, I'm not sure where it will play.

                    Christian