Cat scratch fever

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 23, 2008
      I remember that "LIPS" played that song in the early days. It seems
      that Lips played it again with Slash and Ian of Anthrax. I found this
      article:

      Sundance 2008: Live from Park City

      The Anvil drops on Utah

      Seeing Canadian heavy metal rockers Anvil take the stage Monday night
      with "surprise guests" Scott Ian of Anthrax and Slash was the perfect
      way to end a day that began with seeing the group in their darkest
      hour. The documentary "Anvil! The True Story of Anvil" has already
      gotten lots of attention here and here. I won't add to the film's
      synopsis except to say that seeing singer Steve "Lips" Kudlow
      attempting to rock out in some of Eastern Europe's most foreboding
      rock joints for no pay, then returning home to raise his child with a
      hopeful smile on his face was as anguishing as any invented Sundance-
      drama-type misfortunes I've yet seen.

      If you ever watched "Metallica: Some Kind of Monster" and wondered
      what those guys would be like minus the scads of money they had to
      blow on life coaches, you get an answer with Anvil.
      Reminiscent of a previous Sundance doc, "American Movie," Anvil's
      story is something we're preconditioned to snicker at. Who could
      resist rolling their eyes at some aging, balding, semi-anonymous
      metal dude trying desperately to achieve his dreams of rock demi-
      godhood? But no longer. Seeing "Anvil" should give anyone who ever
      perused a county fair performance lineup and mused "They're still
      performing?" reason to find newfound respect for the dedication
      involved.

      OK, maybe a little snickering is all right.
      But seeing Kudlow, drummer Robb Reiner, and the rest of Anvil on
      stage at Sundance (in their first-ever Utah appearance) was seeing
      that dream finally begin to become a reality.
      "Can you believe they made a movie about me?" Kudlow mused on stage.
      His persona slipping from the seemingly dangerous singer of songs
      such as "Sex, Sex, Sex" into his real-world voice of a kinda goofy
      middle-aged dad.

      "Somebody pinch me," he said, looking over at Ian and Slash, just
      before the band launched into a cover of "Cat Scratch Fever."
      The cover to get into the Star Bar was an exorbitant $40, but I
      didn't feel bad shelling it out. Here's hoping the band finally got
      paid tonight.

      -- Patrick Day
      (Photo: "Lips" Kudlow rocks out with Slash during "Cat Scratch Fever")

      Google's cache:

      http://209.85.165.104/search?
      q=cache:SJP70rgh5NwJ:latimesblogs.latimes.com/sundance/+Sundance+2008+
      Anvil&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=4&gl=us
    • Jerry F
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 24, 2008
        Very cool article Tange, merci beaucoup!

        Does anybody know if the movie has found distribution yet (and of
        course coming to Montreal)?

        Jerry
        www.arapacis.com

        --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "tangelaine2000" <rochedels@...>