Anvil the movie...the website.

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 30, 2007
      The movie's website has a black text on a black background. It's
      probably an error of the webmaster. For what I've read, it's pretty
      much "it". Lips and Robb had a dream, they realized it and it was
      great! I think that's honest and that this movie was made by some
      experienced people. If you select the text with your mouse you would
      read:

      --------------------------------------
      At the age of 14, best friends Lips and Robb Reiner made a pact to
      rock together forever.

      Their band Anvil, hailed as the "demi-gods of Canadian metal,"
      influenced a musical generation including Metallica, Slayer and
      Anthrax. Though Anvil never made it, they never stopped playing or
      believing.

      Following a calamitous European tour, Lips and Robb, now well into
      their fifties, set off to record their thirteenth album, "This is
      Thirteen," in one last attempt to fulfill their boyhood dream.

      -------------------------------

      Born in London to an American diplomat and a Canadian concert
      pianist, Sacha Gervasi was the only head-banger at Westminster School
      where he was threatened with expulsion for wearing red-striped
      troubadour trousers and a matching Hawkwind waistcoat.

      After meeting the legendary heavy metal band Anvil at London's
      Marquee club at the age of 15, Sacha was invited to roadie for the
      band during a tour of Canadian hockey arenas the following summer. He
      toured with Anvil twice more during the 80s, learning how to play
      drums along the way from metal God Robb Reiner.

      Sacha later earned a degree in Modern History from King's College,
      London but turned down a fellowship to Harvard in favor of co-
      founding a band with an old school friend. He quickly left, claiming
      the band was "talentless and going nowhere." Shortly afterwards the
      band changed its name to Bush and sold over ten million records in
      the U.S. alone.

      Sacha next worked for British Poet Laureate, Ted Hughes, at the Arvon
      Writing Foundation, the charity Hughes started with Sylvia Plath.
      But it was after seeing Bruce Robinson's 'Withnail and I' that Sacha
      decided to put down his drumsticks forever (a particular relief to
      his mother) and pursue a career as a screenwriter.

      In 1995, he attended the graduate screenwriting program at UCLA Film
      School, where he twice won the BAFTA/LA scholarship, supporting
      himself by writing for publications such as Punch, The Observer, and
      The London Sunday Times. While still at UCLA, a script he co-wrote
      with Craig Ferguson was made into a film called 'The Big Tease' by
      Warner Bros. Warners next asked Sacha to consider adapting a new
      children's book about a boy wizard called Harry Potter. He turned
      them down citing the book's "complete lack of commerciality."
      In 2004, Sacha wrote 'The Terminal,' starring Tom Hanks and directed
      by Steven Spielberg. He has since written projects for Nicole Kidman,
      Jim Carrey and Keanu Reeves. Next year he will write and direct the
      true story of actor Hervé Villechaize's final week alive, starring
      Peter Dinklage.

      Rebecca Yeldham, Producer

      Rebecca Yeldham is an independent producer who most recently produced
      THE KITE RUNNER, which has been nominated for two Golden Globes. She
      is currently working on a variety of feature and documentary projects
      including director Walter Salles' next two features, LINHA DE PASSE
      (which just completed production in Brazil) and ON THE ROAD (which
      will shoot in '08). Yeldham also served as Executive Producer on THE
      MOTORCYCLE DIARIES (directed by Walter Salles and released in the US
      by Focus Features). The film received two Academy Award® nominations
      and won an Oscar® for Best Original Song, and a Golden Globe®
      nomination for Best Foreign Film.

      Prior to the production of THE MOTORCYCLE DIARIES, Yeldham was Senior
      Vice President, Production at FilmFour (the film division of the
      British broadcaster Channel 4) and ran its U.S. production wing. She
      had previously served as Senior Programmer of the Sundance Film
      Festival (1996-2001) overseeing world cinema programming and
      selecting dramatic and documentary features for the festival. She
      also served as Associate Director of the Sundance Institute's
      International Programs organizing initiatives to support
      screenwriters, producers and directors throughout the world.

      In the '90's Yeldham worked extensively in the areas of independent
      and international cinema developing, acquiring and working in
      production on dramatic and documentary films. Between 1990 and 1994,
      she worked for the New York based independent distributor Fox/Lorber
      Associates as the Director of Acquisitions and Business Affairs
      acquiring such films as John Woo's THE KILLER and George Sluizer's
      THE VANISHING.

      Yeldham currently serves on IFP/LA's Executive Board and has served
      on several international film festival juries and selection
      committees, including; the Edinburgh Film Festival, the Independent
      Spirit Awards, and the Buenos Aires International Film Festival. Born
      and raised in Australia, she studied law at Sydney University
      transferring to Brown University's Modern Culture and Media
      (Art/Semiotics) department where she graduated magna cum laude.

      Dana Sano, Music Supervisor

      Being an avid fan of both film and music has inspired Dana into a
      music supervision career of nearly two-decades. She began at Creative
      Artists Agency with music agent Brian Loucks and then moved on to
      assist the late film producer, Robert F. Colesberry. Soon thereafter,
      she became music coordinator for supervision veterans Gary Goetzman
      and Sharon Boyle on films such as "The Silence of the Lambs", "The
      Hot Spot", "Point Break" and "Groundhog Day". When Goetzman
      transitioned into Playtone Productions, Sharon and Dana continued
      working together on the overall PolyGram Filmed Entertainment slate
      of movies and others including "Kalifornia", "Until The End Of The
      World" and "Under Siege".

      In 1994, Dana was brought in to help start New Line Cinema's West
      Coast Music Department. As Senior Vice President of Music, she worked
      with directors such as Paul Thomas Anderson, David Fincher, James
      Gray, Jay Roach and Gary Ross. To date, she has worked on over
      seventy-five films including "Austin Powers: International Man Of
      Mystery", "Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me", "Blade", "Blue
      Crush", "Boogie Nights", "Hedwig & The Angry
      Inch", "Magnolia", "Seven", and "Wag The Dog". Upcoming and current
      releases include "Dan In Real Life", "Make It Happen", "Shoot 'Em Up"
      and "We Own The Night".

      Chris Soos, CSC, Director of Photography

      Originally from Toronto, Canada, Chris Soos has rapidly become one of
      the most renowned Commercial and Music Video DP's in the U.S.. Known
      for his innovative technical expertise, Chris has worked on scores of
      award-winning commercials in the past 9 years. His groundbreaking
      visual style has been recognized with eleven CSC nominations
      (Canadian Society of Cinematographers) including six Awards for Best
      Cinematography in a Music Video. His first film, PARANOIA 1.0, was
      chosen to be part of the prestigious Dramatic Competition at the 2005
      Sundance Film Festival. His second feature, PHANTOM LOVE received
      rave reviews at its world debut at Sundance in the New Frontier
      collection section. Chris just wrapped Dominic Sena's new Thriller,
      WHITEOUT starring Kate Beckinsale. He resides in Los Angeles.

      Andrew Dickler, Editor

      Andrew Dickler began his career in feature film editing as an
      apprentice on "Pulp Fiction". His most recent editing credits
      include "Me and You and Everyone We Know", "What Love Is", and the
      documentary "Does Your Soul Have a Cold". He also worked as an
      additional editor on "A Mighty Wind" and "Borat: Cultural Learnings
      of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan". He is
      currently editing "Spooner", a romantic comedy starring Matthew
      Lillard.

      Jeff Renfroe, Editor

      Jeff Renfroe sunk his teeth into filmmaking as ateenager,
      writing,directing, and editing short films such as THEADVANTAGES OF
      VACULUX 2000, THE EDGE, and theaward-winning NOAH. He has won awards
      for his musicvideo work, both as a director and an editor. Some ofhis
      other editing credits include videos for Icelandicband SIGUR ROS and
      a short documentary BUY NOTHINGDAY. Renfroe's internationally co-
      produced debutfeature film ONE POINT O was nominated for the
      GrandJury Prize at the 2004 Sundance Film Festival, and itwas named
      Most Groundbreaking & Best InternationalFeature Film at the 2004
      Fantasia Film Festival inMontreal. Recently, he directed and edited
      his secondfeature film, CIVIC DUTY.
      ------------------------------------

      With people like them, how can this movie be bad?

      tee
    • Matt Ingram
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 30, 2007
        that must be a browser related issue, it's white on black for me.

        --
        \m/ HEAVY METAL EARTHQUAKE \m/

        JOE THRASHER - Thrash Metal Band
        http://www.joethrasher.com
        http://www.myspace.com/joethrasher
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 30, 2007
          Oh wow! That explains why I can't read on Tsangarides' Myspace. Thanks!

          :0)