Re: [Academy of Anvil] Anvil Movie

  • Matt Ingram
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 30, 2007
      I don't think the "last attempt at a boyhood dream" means this is their
      last album - I think it's more saying that "This is Thirteen" coupled
      with the movie - is probably their last BIG shot at bringing them great
      fame and fortune. I know that regardless of what happens with this
      movie and album, that Anvil will keep writing and continue kicking ass -
      probably until they're dead!

      I can't wait to see this.. I've heard it will be almost like Spinal
      Tap, only funnier, better and real! I really believe that this movie
      will apply to people not only Anvil fans, but anybody. There must be
      something special about it to be selected for Sundance. Only a handful
      of movies make it there in comparison to the thousands entered.

      I also think this will be a very unique movie as it's a documentary
      about a band, that never really "made it" in terms of monetary success
      and stardom, but at the same time is a world renowned band, that was and
      is highly influential on the genre of Heavy Metal. They are also a band
      that despite the lack of great fame and fortune, have never stopped
      kicking ass and have been pumping out killer tunes for the past 30
      years. A documentary about a band that work day jobs, have families and
      keep a world class band rocking is great contrast to a documentary about
      a HUGE band making an album or whatever.

      This movie and This is Thirteen - is and will be a big deal for Anvil!
      Can't wait!!

      --
      \m/ HEAVY METAL EARTHQUAKE \m/

      JOE THRASHER - Thrash Metal Band