from an old stranger....

  • captain2man
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 14, 2006
      When I started this group in December of 2000 - I had no idea that
      almost 6 years & 4000 posts later, that this group would still be
      going.

      I think that's a huge tribute to one of the greatest metal bands of
      all time - who - lucky for all of us - are Still Going Strong.

      I know that I rarely, rarely post here - it's probably been well over
      a year - but I do lurk & do keep up with what's going on in Anvil-land.

      I'm definitely looking forward to the next record & definitely the
      documentary - that should be insane!

      One thing I'm hoping one of the experts could clear up (Tony G.??) - I
      heard a rumor that Anvil can no longer enter the U.S. to play. For a
      time - they were down here quite frequently - at least twice a year -
      however, they've played no shows in the U.S. in probably close to 5
      years or so. This sucks!!!

      Is this rumor true?? If so - why?....and....is this a permanent
      situation?

      In any case - I see that there's been a lack of activity on this forum
      for awhile now - hopefully I can instigate some conversation.

      P.S....happy belated 50th to Mr. Lips!
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 17, 2006
        Hey....how are you? It has been awhile.

        There has been a lack of activity. It usually picks up around the
        release of a new CD.

        As for Anvil in the US. I will say this....a subset of Anvil cannot
        enter the US.

        --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, captain2man <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > When I started this group in December of 2000 - I had no idea that
        > almost 6 years & 4000 posts later, that this group would still be
        > going.
        >
        > One thing I'm hoping one of the experts could clear up (Tony G.??) - I
        > heard a rumor that Anvil can no longer enter the U.S. to play. For a
        > time - they were down here quite frequently - at least twice a year -
        > however, they've played no shows in the U.S. in probably close to 5
        > years or so. This sucks!!!
        >
        > Is this rumor true?? If so - why?....and....is this a permanent
        > situation?
        >
        > In any case - I see that there's been a lack of activity on this forum
        > for awhile now - hopefully I can instigate some conversation.
      • Matt Ingram
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 16, 2006
          hey all...

          I'm eagerly waiting for TIT to come out.. anyone have any updated info
          on it ? or the documentary ?

          Matt.