Re: Past and Present

  • Jimmy Crackcorn
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 16, 2006
      Yes, I have this one also and mine is the same way with the two tracks
      combined into one as the last 3 songs.

      Isn't remastering when they take the master tapes of an album and re-
      EQ them so that they will sound best on a digital medium? They were
      originally mastered for vinyl with it's limitations, so certain
      frequencies were raised and lowered to even out the replay. When
      remastered for CD specifications the tapes can be given a bit more
      bass-response, etc. so they have a bit more Oooomph and punch, etc. on
      a CD.
      Tange tells me often that I only hear what I choose to hear! Maybe if
      she was "remastered" it would help me??? ;)

      catdeli
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 16, 2006
        Jimmy Crackcorn <catdeli@...> wrote: "a bit more Oooomph and punch, etc." I should try the punch... ;^D

        Country music artists Artist music Anvil Heavy metal Artist Portrait artist

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 17, 2006
          I believe all versions of the CD are like that. I've seen this any
          many live CDs...particularily where one song just runs into another.

          --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, Eric Gaumann <ericfg47@...>

          > >Also what are the discrepencies? I'll have to check mine?
          > There are 11 songs on the album but there are 8 "tracks" on the CD.
          > For instance Track 6 has March Of The Crabs *and* Jackhammer, Track
          7 has Metal On Metal *and* Winged Assassins, and Track 8 has 666 *and*
          Mothra together on it.