Re: Remasters?

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 14, 2006
      --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "Eric" <ericfg47@...> wrote:

      > When will 'Metal On Metal' and 'Forged In Fire' be rereleased in a
      > remasterd form?
      > Besides, I need to improve the vinyl rip recording that I now have on
      > CDR....

      It would be cool and who knows...maybe sometime in the future. As for
      improving your CDR from vinyl recording...just go buy a copy on CD.
      The recently released Unidisc pressings are easy to find.
    • Eric Gaumann
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 15, 2006
        Hey Tony! How's it goin', eh? ;)
        My vinyl rips aren't that bad so I'll stick with them; I kinda made a best-of from those two albums and 'Backwaxed'.
        Not to mention my CD budget isn't all that big. :(
        Anyhoo, thanks for your input!
        Eric

        BTW, do all the 'Past And Present' CDs have track number discrepencies like mine does?

        tgalloca <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
        --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "Eric" <ericfg47@...> wrote:

        > When will 'Metal On Metal' and 'Forged In Fire' be rereleased in a
        > remasterd form?
        > Besides, I need to improve the vinyl rip recording that I now have on
        > CDR....

        It would be cool and who knows...maybe sometime in the future. As for
        improving your CDR from vinyl recording...just go buy a copy on CD.
        The recently released Unidisc pressings are easy to find.

        Country music artists Artist music Anvil Heavy metal Artist Portrait artist

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 15, 2006
          Which verion do you have?

          Also what are the discrepencies? I'll have to check mine?

          PAST AND PRESENT - LIVE IN CONCERT Enigma / Metal Blade Records
          Canada / USA 7 73412-2 1989

          PAST AND PRESENT - LIVE IN CONCERT Metal Blade Records USA
          3984-14065-2 1994

          PAST AND PRESENT - LIVE IN CONCERT Roadracer Records / Metal Blade
          Records Germany RO 9453 2 1989

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 16, 2006
            I don't know if it's me because I lost some high frequencies in mmy
            left ear long time ago, but I can't really hear the subtlity of the
            remastering art. I hear fine when it's not TOO loud. I listened once
            to Black Sabbath remastered and I had to put the old CD with the
            remastered CD side by side to try to see a difference. What how do
            they proceed exactly, do they improve, boost or change the sound on
            the master tracks?

            Excuse my ignorance.

            --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "Eric" <ericfg47@...> wrote:

            > So, we're all thinking about it.
            > We all want it.
            > We all deserve it.
            > Will it happen?
            > When will 'Metal On Metal' and 'Forged In Fire' be rereleased in a
            > remasterd form?
            > The original recordings are very solid; just a little bass boost
            and
            > some other tweaking would make them totally current.
            > Maybe the inclusions of some of the 'Backwaxed' tracks would help
            fill
            > out the remasterd reissue. Or, how about the relavent live tracks
            > from the 'Past And Present' album as bonus tracks?
            > We know it would sell (about a thousand copies) but it's a, just,
            no-
            > brianer.
            > Besides, I need to improve the vinyl rip recording that I now have
            on
            > CDR....

          • Eric Gaumann
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 16, 2006
              >Which verion do you have?
              This one:
              PAST AND PRESENT - LIVE IN CONCERT Enigma / Metal Blade Records
              Canada / USA 7 73412-2 1989

              >Also what are the discrepencies? I'll have to check mine?
              There are 11 songs on the album but there are 8 "tracks" on the CD.
              For instance Track 6 has March Of The Crabs *and* Jackhammer, Track 7 has Metal On Metal *and* Winged Assassins, and Track 8 has 666 *and* Mothra together on it.

              --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, Eric Gaumann <ericfg47@...> wrote:
              >> BTW, do all the 'Past And Present' CDs have track number
              >>discrepencies like mine does?

            • Jimmy Crackcorn
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 16, 2006
                Yes, I have this one also and mine is the same way with the two tracks
                combined into one as the last 3 songs.

                Isn't remastering when they take the master tapes of an album and re-
                EQ them so that they will sound best on a digital medium? They were
                originally mastered for vinyl with it's limitations, so certain
                frequencies were raised and lowered to even out the replay. When
                remastered for CD specifications the tapes can be given a bit more
                bass-response, etc. so they have a bit more Oooomph and punch, etc. on
                a CD.
                Tange tells me often that I only hear what I choose to hear! Maybe if
                she was "remastered" it would help me??? ;)

                catdeli
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 16, 2006
                  Jimmy Crackcorn <catdeli@...> wrote: "a bit more Oooomph and punch, etc." I should try the punch... ;^D

                  Country music artists Artist music Anvil Heavy metal Artist Portrait artist

                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 17, 2006
                    I believe all versions of the CD are like that. I've seen this any
                    many live CDs...particularily where one song just runs into another.