Concrete Ford?

  • Jimmy Crackcorn
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15, 2005
      Tange and I were relaxing one evening last week, watching some TV. The
      commercials came on and I wasn't paying attention to them. Tange was
      watching and then she began to look like she was thinking hard. "Hey, I
      know that song, what is that?", she was saying. I guess she recognized
      the music from a Ford car advertisement but I hadn't heard anything
      familiar just then.
      We waited for them to show the ad again and she instructed me to listen
      to the background instrumental melody. OK, so the ad plays again and it
      is for the Upstate(NY)Ford Dealers. They are showing the new Ford cars
      and trucks available. The background music does have a familiar ring to
      it! This sounds just like the guitar line in AnViL's Concrete Jungle!
      It's the sustained guitar notes that are saying "cooooonnnncreeeeeete
      jungle" in the AnViL song but they took the same notes and style to use
      in the commercial. It is all new recording and not AnViL but it is very
      similar. All that is missing is the tom tom drums to go with it.

      catdeli