Re: [Academy of Anvil] What is new?

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 27, 2005
      I read you and I know why I didn't continue to study in art. You can take the critiques, but I don't think that it let you completely cold. I remember when I was 16, I made a project at the High School. Slugguit is going to have a flashback: I painted "Harmonium - Les 5 saisons" album cover on two walls beside the school's library. I really did my best and used the newest techniques to have exactly the same thing that was on the cover. However, they found that I wasn't going fast enough and "decided that I would have a partner". I painted the half of the cover and she painted the other half. Two different styles on the same walls. It was so weird...All my friends noticed the difference in the styles and they pissed me off until I graduated a year after. I don't know what I hated the most: their comments or my work. Then, I had an college art teacher in 1980 that wanted me to paint like him. It was his way or nothing. I couldn't be myself because I had to paint the clouds like if was
      always sunny....his skies were always blue. Then, Lennon and Bonham died............and LIPS was playing at the Electric Circle. I never became an artist because I couldn't take the critiques from my friends or to be told what to do when I was creating.

      It was my destiny, but I guess that if you LIPS is still playing music around the world...it's because you have to. We don't escape to our fate. The half of the world critiques and talks.....against the other half of the world. It's always been like that and it will stay like that.

      Keep on rockin!

      Tange

      0 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      I haven't writen anything in months!!! So much is going on I really
      haven't had time. I just got home from the Heads or Tails show and
      I'm wide awake with no one to talk to!!!!The show went well and we
      had a good time. I'm really looking forward to our tour...it's way
      over due. It's become quite apparent that Anvil has been mis
      represented in the past...being undersold under priced and under
      estimated by most people in the music business. It's very sad and
      those who have been abusive will more than likely be sorry in the
      long run as we out live most and continue in spite of all the
      negativaty towards us. Even Mad Dog Colin Brown who has never paid
      for a cd or entrance to a show has had the nerve to insult me and my
      band for playing the song Mad Dog!!!I don't mind critical people but
      when it's senceless and ignorant it's quite annoying. Comments like
      you shouldn't play that song just because people know it makes no
      sence what so ever. I don't know about you but I certainly enjoy
      hearing songs I know by the original artist....even Van Halen live
      when they played Jump!!! So what if it's on the radio, does that
      mean we should hate the song or band when they have a hit on the
      radio? Mad Dog gets a lot of plays on Much Music and for many Anvil
      fans the song is well known and is really anything but a hit
      single...it's an underground hit....only played on Much
      Music...never on radio. In my opinion as the creator, the song is
      much simular to Cat Scratch Fever, and believe me when I say it's
      not by accident. Now what really baffles me about Colin Brown, he's
      a Nugent die hard, but he never would make a comment about Ted
      playing Cat Scratch Fever...which was a hit single on the radio and
      realisticly made Ted millions of fans and dollars. That is why I
      find ignorant comments by some people so difficult to deal with. I
      woke up today on the wrong side of the bed and have been carving on
      all the stupid shit that's around me.... sometimes it just feels
      good to vent my frustrations...I am a human being. It will be a
      breath of fresh air when I play for a European audience, at least we
      will be appriciated and not be taken for granted or placed stupidly
      on a festival line up.............

      Country music artists Artist music Anvil Heavy metal Artist Portrait artist

    • Jerry Fielden
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 27, 2005
        Lips and Elaine: Hear hear! Greets both :)

        Jerry
        www.arapacis.com
        http://www.myspace.com/arapacismtl