Re: How could it feel LIPS, Slugguit or Catdeli?

  • Jimmy Crackcorn
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 27, 2005
      Well, I wish I could say that my band was popular enough to be egged
      off of the Ozzfest stage, but I can't! haha

      We were actually the victims of some foul play a few years ago when
      we were playing at a local club. This place was one of the few venues
      for original music remaining in my small farm town. It's a very
      straight, conservative area we live in. But we got a gig there one
      weekend and were quite pleased. We hired a big P.A. and soundmen
      etc., trucked all the gear inside and set up. We had a good show
      planned, as well as just playing our songs. There was a diferent
      costume for each bandmember. I was a demented jester, the singer was
      a Mexican wrestling mask wearing nun and we had Satan and a bleeding,
      crown of thorns wearing Christ lead guitarist. Part of the show was
      hanging a rubber blow-up sex doll from the rafters and cutting it up
      (with fake guts and entrails) during one song. The "Christ" would be
      swallowing mass quantities of "pills" and "puking" at times onstage.
      There was a fake squirting dildo wielded by Satan for the encore. We
      brought in a comedy team to do some tasteless ethnic humor before us.
      Suddenly, the management had seen enough! We were told to stop
      playing immediately and pack up the gear. We were then paid extra NOT
      to play our third set. The fans were mad because some had come there
      just to see us play. The FEMALE manager said that the crowd would
      rather hear the jukebox, but this was just not true. Well, there was
      no changing their minds about this and rather than get into a rumble,
      we ended up leaving. Funny thing is, a few months later we wrangled
      an opening slot in there and were AGAIN cut off after only 3 songs by
      the same FEMALE manager. If I had to do it all over again, I think we
      would have NOT stopped and continued to play until the power was cut.
      At least we were not egged but we were some pretty big guys in the
      band, one of which is now a Pro Wrestler, so I think they knew better
      than to try anything like that.

      catdeli