Who here likes Sabbath?

  • Jimmy Crackcorn
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 10 4:50 PM
      Last night we put in my old bootleg videotape of Black Sabbath Live in
      Paris 1970. If you have any passing interest in BS, find a copy of
      this immediately to see them just as Paranoid album was coming out. So
      good! Tange was amazed! This is Ozzy before he became "Ozzy Osbourne"
      and he wasn't the whole show but just stood to the side of the stage
      and watched as the others played. He was really into the songs and
      could be the first "headbanger" maybe. He was doing it a lot on stage
      before it became popular to do. They got a lot of stick from the
      pompous critics of the day but looking back now it is easy to see that
      they had "IT" in spades. Bill Ward's drumming was always panned but he
      can do no wrong on this show. Just to hear his classic drum tunings
      and those trademark fills in a live setting, you go "Yup, that's the
      original!".

      Cat Sabbath