Tradate Iron Festival

  • anvilips2000
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 10, 2005
      It was an amzing experience, from the first moments to the last I
      felt as though I had done this already and was doing it again. I
      know that sounds weird but it's true . As I watched Exciter who went
      on before us it was like looking at my memory...I was getting all my
      gear ready to set up and play at that moment but I felt as though
      I'd been there before. It really was strange. I met the guys from
      Candlemass, real good guys! from Sweden, and as it turns out it was
      the second time in my life that we met. I was told by one of the
      guitarist that he got my autograpgh as I was shopping in London
      England in 1982. As strange as it may sound I totally remember the
      moment...this is not that rare because I remember being shocked that
      someone from Sweden wanted my autograph and I was in England!I felt
      that it was weird because we hadn't had any English fans stop us on
      the street at all. We were on Carnaby Street buying leather jackets,
      bullet belts, jeans and shoes. I've only done that once in my entire
      carreer and I had met the guys from Candlemass and didn't know it at
      the time. When he began telling me that we met in London , I
      straight away knew who he was.... the Swedish guy I met on Carnaby
      Street in 1982 and I said CARNABY STREET RIGHT? Yes a cool week end
      indeed. I also started Sunday morning with breakfast with
      Ronnie...and ended the following morning with Ronnie in his road
      mangers room drinking wine and smokin green.It was a remarkable
      evening, I found Dio to be very much like me in many different ways,
      I was surprised but in a positive way. He quit smoking cigarrettes
      20 years ago and stays clean of any bad substances... and never over
      does drinking unless he's got time to relax I would guess. He was
      very focused on his music and personal direction. He knows what he
      has and knows how to use it and takes direction from no one but
      himself. That sounds really framiliar to me!!!The great story of how
      Cozy Powell came to try out for Rainbow!!! Ritchie put his thumb on
      the 3rd fret of his low e string and began playing this one single G
      note to a straight rhythem patern. It would sometimes go on for as
      long as eight minutes before the drummer would finally stop and
      Ritchie would just say NEXT. Finally Cozy comes in, he puts on a
      pair of tights a pair of weird boxing shoes slaps his hands and says
      alright then , sits down....Ritchie starts up with his one note
      thing and after about one minute Cozy stops and asks Ritchie what
      are you doing? aren't you going to use some kind of change?
      something? Ritchie turns to Ronnie ...here's our guy!!! I was more
      impressed with this part of the festival seeing that I got to
      actually spend time with a singer that worked with 2 of my all time
      favourite guitarists...Ritchie Blackmore and Tony Iommi...although
      I've never met Blackmore I'm not sure I'd want to. Tony is a great
      guy, very soft spoken English gentleman. In any case the show went
      very well....I even jumped off the stage at the end of Metal on
      Metal....it freaked the security right out! as well as all the head
      bangers behind the barrior. It was a real blast of a week end.
    • Tange
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 11, 2005
        Good, Anvil had a good time. That's a big "déjà vu" that you felt. It
        happened to me for a moment, but never for a whole day. You knew the
        Swedish guy and remembered the street in England? Crazy! It's a good
        one...

        I read about "déjà vu" and they say that it last a few seconds only.
        The blood circulation in one of the two hemispheres (brain) is going
        at the opposite of the other (for a short moment) and it feels like
        you "lived" this moment. But in your case, I don't know. It's pretty
        weird. Something to write a song about it!

        I have a friend that worked in a office all her life and when she had
        a burn-out, she decided to fly to Egypt. She said exactly what you
        described. She needed to "cover her face" like a muslim woman and she
        knew exactly how to run a camel. There's a lot of things that are
        still mysteries to us.

        I'm happy that you had a good time. On the pics, all the band seem
        very cool.

        tange

        --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, anvilips2000 <no_reply@y...>