Re: Can't wait to play in Italy

  • Tange
    Message 1 of 6 , May 25, 2005
      American italian are very demonstrative and enthousiastic during a
      metal or rock show...it's sometimes insane. I must say that I walked
      away from Catdeli a couple times because he was yelling and
      gesticulating like "a devil in holy water" while the bands were
      playing. Once, it was Anthrax..the other time was Rush and at Blue
      Oyster Cult: I ran away because I was afraid that he hits someone
      with his hands. I think that he reacts a lot to the "Red Bull",
      because he doesn't drink at all, so...I show my "enthousiasm" during
      a show, but never like him. If real italians are worst that him, Lips
      is better to play with a helmet. :^)

      --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, anvilips2000 <no_reply@y...>
      wrote:
      > Mama Mia Mothra, I still remember an Italian fan freaking out at
      the
      > tour bus doors screaming Mama Mia Mothra!!! When we played our
      first
      > gig in Torino with Overkill in 97. In my opinion Italy rates at
      least
      > as one of the most intence crowds to ever play for. We have played
      > total of 3 shows in our entire carreer and I remember them as very
      > over the top!!!In fact they were far easier to please than any of
      the
      > shows we had done in Germany ever. The only shows to compair to
      this
      > were in Scottland in 82 when opening for Motorhead or Greece a
      couple
      > years ago. What I mean by this is stricktly what I remember as the
      > emotion of a crowd of people. I'm not saying that this is my
      favourite
      > as much as an observation of excitement level. I think that people
      who
      > easily show what they are thinking and feel in a vocal and physical
      > manor it leaves an impression on you. Our set list will be March of
      > the Crabs, 666, Mothra, Forged in Fire, Smokin Green, Race Against
      > Time, White Rhino, Winged Assasins and Metal on Metal, it should be
      > alot of fun..............
    • Jimmy Crackcorn
      Message 2 of 6 , May 26, 2005
        Yes, it should be a great time over there and a great concert. I
        didn't know the Italian fans were so into the Metal. When I
        think "Italy", what pops into my head is FOOD!
        But yes, being Italian myself, I do actually tend to "demonstrate" a
        bit at shows. Tange tells me I do it so she will go away and then I
        can check out the Rock Chicks in the crowd! Maybe it's just in the
        genes but I think that giving back some energy to the band drives them
        on to play harder if they see the fans going ape. Air guitar, air
        drums, devil signs, fists in the air, headbanging were all started by
        the Italians, no? :D

        Ciao, baby!
        Catdeli
      • Jimmy Crackcorn
        Message 3 of 6 , May 26, 2005
          I read the interview and "no official capacity" is exactely a name for
          them...I never understood the big deal with the vibrator. I think that
          I saw that "ritual" twice on 20 Anvil shows. Most of the time it was
          so crowdy that I didn't know what was making that sound. I did see
          what it was like on the DVD, and to be honnest: if Lips wouldn't do
          any nasty gestures, it would look almost normal. I don't know why
          the "nOc" made a title with that.

          The setlist is great, yes! "Buona sera Italia!" They're going to be
          completely crazy, I would bet on it. Deli checked the rock chicks
          (There were only shaved heads'guys at the shows!) while I went away
          now, ha ha! Well, as long as he only checks he would eat "healthy"
          food! Lol..... :^)

          Old chick Tange :0)

          --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "Jimmy Crackcorn"

          Message 4 of 6 , May 26, 2005
            Italians rock!!!!

            Hey Lips...I realize you have a limited time to play and a HUGE
            catalogue to choose from but I am surprised you are not doing one song
            from BTB. Most bands do at least ne song to promote their latest release.
            Regardless....great set list.....hope you have a blast there.

            --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, anvilips2000 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > Our set list will be March of
            > the Crabs, 666, Mothra, Forged in Fire, Smokin Green, Race Against
            > Time, White Rhino, Winged Assasins and Metal on Metal, it should be
            > alot of fun..............
          • anvilips2000
            Message 5 of 6 , May 26, 2005
              --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, tgalloca <no_reply@y...> wrote:
              > Italians rock!!!!
              >
              > Hey Lips...I realize you have a limited time to play and a HUGE
              > catalogue to choose from but I am surprised you are not doing one
              song
              > from BTB. Most bands do at least ne song to promote their latest
              release.
              > Regardless....great set list.....hope you have a blast there.
              > We thought if we get an encore we would do Bottom Feeder, I wanted
              to strickty focus on the very best songs regardless of what was new or
              not. I don't think anyone will care one way or the other but if and
              when I go see my favourite bands they usually try to shove tons of new
              shit down my throat and I end up feeling that I would rather have
              heard something old. I'd rather leave the opposite feeling which is
              maybe I would have liked to hear a new song or 2 more I guess I'll
              have to buy it to hear it or see them when they play a longer
              set.....hopefully this is what the effect will be,,,,,,,,,,,,,,