Can't wait to play in Italy

  • anvilips2000
    Message 1 of 6 , May 25, 2005
      Mama Mia Mothra, I still remember an Italian fan freaking out at the
      tour bus doors screaming Mama Mia Mothra!!! When we played our first
      gig in Torino with Overkill in 97. In my opinion Italy rates at least
      as one of the most intence crowds to ever play for. We have played a
      total of 3 shows in our entire carreer and I remember them as very
      over the top!!!In fact they were far easier to please than any of the
      shows we had done in Germany ever. The only shows to compair to this
      were in Scottland in 82 when opening for Motorhead or Greece a couple
      years ago. What I mean by this is stricktly what I remember as the
      emotion of a crowd of people. I'm not saying that this is my favourite
      as much as an observation of excitement level. I think that people who
      easily show what they are thinking and feel in a vocal and physical
      manor it leaves an impression on you. Our set list will be March of
      the Crabs, 666, Mothra, Forged in Fire, Smokin Green, Race Against
      Time, White Rhino, Winged Assasins and Metal on Metal, it should be
      alot of fun..............
    • Tange
      Message 2 of 6 , May 25, 2005
        American italian are very demonstrative and enthousiastic during a
        metal or rock show...it's sometimes insane. I must say that I walked
        away from Catdeli a couple times because he was yelling and
        gesticulating like "a devil in holy water" while the bands were
        playing. Once, it was Anthrax..the other time was Rush and at Blue
        Oyster Cult: I ran away because I was afraid that he hits someone
        with his hands. I think that he reacts a lot to the "Red Bull",
        because he doesn't drink at all, so...I show my "enthousiasm" during
        a show, but never like him. If real italians are worst that him, Lips
        is better to play with a helmet. :^)

        --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, anvilips2000 <no_reply@y...>
        wrote:
        > Mama Mia Mothra, I still remember an Italian fan freaking out at
        the
        > tour bus doors screaming Mama Mia Mothra!!! When we played our
        first
        > gig in Torino with Overkill in 97. In my opinion Italy rates at
        least
        > as one of the most intence crowds to ever play for. We have played
        > total of 3 shows in our entire carreer and I remember them as very
        > over the top!!!In fact they were far easier to please than any of
        the
        > shows we had done in Germany ever. The only shows to compair to
        this
        > were in Scottland in 82 when opening for Motorhead or Greece a
        couple
        > years ago. What I mean by this is stricktly what I remember as the
        > emotion of a crowd of people. I'm not saying that this is my
        favourite
        > as much as an observation of excitement level. I think that people
        who
        > easily show what they are thinking and feel in a vocal and physical
        > manor it leaves an impression on you. Our set list will be March of
        > the Crabs, 666, Mothra, Forged in Fire, Smokin Green, Race Against
        > Time, White Rhino, Winged Assasins and Metal on Metal, it should be
        > alot of fun..............
      • Jimmy Crackcorn
        Message 3 of 6 , May 26, 2005
          Yes, it should be a great time over there and a great concert. I
          didn't know the Italian fans were so into the Metal. When I
          think "Italy", what pops into my head is FOOD!
          But yes, being Italian myself, I do actually tend to "demonstrate" a
          bit at shows. Tange tells me I do it so she will go away and then I
          can check out the Rock Chicks in the crowd! Maybe it's just in the
          genes but I think that giving back some energy to the band drives them
          on to play harder if they see the fans going ape. Air guitar, air
          drums, devil signs, fists in the air, headbanging were all started by
          the Italians, no? :D

          Ciao, baby!
          Catdeli
        • Jimmy Crackcorn
          Message 4 of 6 , May 26, 2005
            I read the interview and "no official capacity" is exactely a name for
            them...I never understood the big deal with the vibrator. I think that
            I saw that "ritual" twice on 20 Anvil shows. Most of the time it was
            so crowdy that I didn't know what was making that sound. I did see
            what it was like on the DVD, and to be honnest: if Lips wouldn't do
            any nasty gestures, it would look almost normal. I don't know why
            the "nOc" made a title with that.

            The setlist is great, yes! "Buona sera Italia!" They're going to be
            completely crazy, I would bet on it. Deli checked the rock chicks
            (There were only shaved heads'guys at the shows!) while I went away
            now, ha ha! Well, as long as he only checks he would eat "healthy"
            food! Lol..... :^)

            Old chick Tange :0)

            --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "Jimmy Crackcorn"

            Message 5 of 6 , May 26, 2005
              Italians rock!!!!

              Hey Lips...I realize you have a limited time to play and a HUGE
              catalogue to choose from but I am surprised you are not doing one song
              from BTB. Most bands do at least ne song to promote their latest release.
              Regardless....great set list.....hope you have a blast there.

              --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, anvilips2000 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
              > Our set list will be March of
              > the Crabs, 666, Mothra, Forged in Fire, Smokin Green, Race Against
              > Time, White Rhino, Winged Assasins and Metal on Metal, it should be
              > alot of fun..............
            • anvilips2000
              Message 6 of 6 , May 26, 2005
                --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, tgalloca <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                > Italians rock!!!!
                >
                > Hey Lips...I realize you have a limited time to play and a HUGE
                > catalogue to choose from but I am surprised you are not doing one
                song
                > from BTB. Most bands do at least ne song to promote their latest
                release.
                > Regardless....great set list.....hope you have a blast there.
                > We thought if we get an encore we would do Bottom Feeder, I wanted
                to strickty focus on the very best songs regardless of what was new or
                not. I don't think anyone will care one way or the other but if and
                when I go see my favourite bands they usually try to shove tons of new
                shit down my throat and I end up feeling that I would rather have
                heard something old. I'd rather leave the opposite feeling which is
                maybe I would have liked to hear a new song or 2 more I guess I'll
                have to buy it to hear it or see them when they play a longer
                set.....hopefully this is what the effect will be,,,,,,,,,,,,,,