Robb Reiner - Lyricist

  • Jimmy Crackcorn
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2005
      "Well, yesterday I hooked up my turntable to my stereo, believe it or
      not. I wanted to dust off some old vinyl albums and see how they
      sound these days. The first thing I decided to play was some AnViL:
      Hard 'n' Heavy. I put the needle on "School Love" and started to scan
      the inner sleeve with all the lyrics (sounded good by the way, not
      the pop and click disaster I was anticipating!). So while resting my
      neck from all the headbanging I saw something that I did not know.
      The song credits list "music" and "lyrics" separately and Robb was
      credited with lyrics on no less than 5 of those songs! I had no idea
      that the skinsman was such a wordsmith in his early days with the
      band. School Love, Bedroom Game, and Ooh Baby are his alone, while At
      The Apartment is a Reiner|Lips collaboration. Oh Jane is
      Reiner|Allison. Yes, very interesting so I checked Metal On Metal's
      credits but they are all Lips, Reiner, Allison, Dickson compositions
      so we can't tell who came up with what.
      Will there be another Reiner-penned lyric in AnViL's future? We can
      only wait and see...

      CatDeli"

      Posted originally on the Anvil's Addicts.