Is there a place to play in QC City?

  • Tange
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 11, 2005
      The Arlequin is a dead bar on a dead street. In the 80's, rue St-Jean
      was "hot" but now there's only restaurants and tourist's traps. "Le
      Cashmir" is not bigger than my living room and the place where it
      would be nice to play (L'ANTI) doesn't have any website or phone
      number available on the web. The "Dagobert" presents only cover bands
      and they make business with the same jeez agency since years. There's
      a place in Ste-Foy in the pyramid but again it's impossible to find
      them on the web. Lips uses the web, email and phone to book Anvil and
      I'm sure it isn't always obvious to communicate with people from
      Quebec City. In Mtl, almost everybody speak English but not in Quebec.
      Am I not the best example of it?

      I talked with a guy from Forgotten Tales, a metal band from Quebec
      City. They had to go to play in Trois-Rivières because there isn't a
      place to play in Quebec. Hanker is from QC City and you can see them
      play anywhere....except in Quebec City.

      I'm sure Lips and Robb just love to go over there. Old Quebec looks
      awesome. If they don't go, I'm sure it's for a really good reason.
    • glabrek
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 11, 2005
        ...on St.Joseph Street. The "Impérial de Québec". It used to be a
        XXX movie theatre back in the day (Midi-Minuit). The Imperial, since
        it has a new owner, is booking every kind of artist, be them country
        music, rock opera, blues, pop or even death metal...The website is in
        French-only as it seems, but here is the "contact" page.

        http://www.imperialdequebec.com/fr/imperial.html

        Maybe that would be a fine place to see Anvil. The main place has 1000
        places when there is no tables. But there is another smaller place
        (Bistro de l'Impérial) which has room for 125 peoples.

        I've never been there so far, but that seems to be the best new place
        to play in Quebec City.