GIGS COMING

  • anvilips2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 13, 2005
      I'm off to Florida!!!!! I'll be back in a week. I also have to
      mention that Ron from Nitemare has gotten a number of dates accross
      Canada west that is! We are even doing a gig in Ottawa, which is so
      rare it's scary, it's been at least since 93 that we played there. I
      don't think we have a set openning band, we are hoping for a known
      band, and I've asked Trouble from Chicago as well as Hirax. I'm not
      too sure either will be able to do it. Maybe Goathorn?
      I can't wait to get to the sunshine and warm weather, and of course
      see my mother who is down there by her self.
      As for the reasons for the song Chainsaw was strickly to re remind
      us all where metal came from. Generally speaking it is only the
      arrangement of how the vocals worked but otherwise all the riffs are
      different. It was Robb that insisted to make it resemble the Preist
      format. He felt that people need something to talk about, in a good
      or bad way, and quite honestly he was correct. For the very same
      reasons that Dan hates it some feel that it's the best ever, and
      that the newer version burries the old and that lyrically it says
      something a lot more clever. At this point I'm so entirely fed up
      with opinions. I go balistic when someone says to me "you know what
      you should do?" I just answer them by saying "you know what you can
      do"? Mad Dog started in on me last week before the gig, about what
      we should do, and what we should play.....needless to say
      really...So when I was on stage I started carving on him for coming
      to too many shows, because all he does is complain, even though we
      are playing most of his favourite songs. He said that we shouldn't
      play Mad Dog, and that really baffles me, that song was named after
      him! He also said people don't care to hear the song just because of
      the video. That is one of the most rediculous things I've ever
      heard. I know for a fact people like to hear what they know, and the
      less you play of what they know the worse you go over. In fact when
      we do play that song , it gets one of the biggest responces, even
      more so than Forged in Fire. The main reason is because of the
      video. I realize most fans just mean to be helpful, but in my view
      it makes me want to be invisable, and untouchable. I think for the
      first time in my life I understand why most famous musicians live a
      life of a hermit wreakloose. Say what you want to each other but
      leave me out.....I'm not being hostile just honest with my emotional
      being
    • zygons_rule
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 13, 2005
        > At this point I'm so entirely fed up
        > with opinions. I go balistic when someone says to me "you know
        what
        > you should do?" I just answer them by saying "you know what you
        can
        > do"?

        Refreshingly honest and to the point. Awesome. :) This is one
        of the problems with being a fan of something... fans get close to
        the art, the product, and/or the people they are a fan of. It's a
        part of their daily lives...and when that happens they get to
        *think* they have some very good ideas about what that
        art/product/person/band should be, and how it could be better (for
        them...if this is known or not). I can see how it can become
        annoying. Personally I try and stay away from telling the band or
        author "how to fix" their product.... frankly because I don't want
        to look like a dick! :) I'm a fan of stuff *for a reason*, and not
        because I can tell them how to do things better. Naturally we ALL
        have opinions, but to a certain degree they should be kept to
        themselves. ON THE OTHER HAND... this list is an open forum for
        discussing all things Anvil related, and "how to improve" kind of
        falls into that catagory. We all want the best for the band...some
        just get a bit carried away. :) Heck *I* have ideas (nothing music
        related as that's not my field...I just appriciate the songs you do
        that I love)... but I would find it odd or hard to just come up and
        say..."Hey Lips...you know what could work?".

        But that's just my feelings on the matter. End result...they mean
        well. Even Mad Dog. :)

        >I know for a fact people like to hear what they know, and the
        > less you play of what they know the worse you go over. In fact
        when
        > we do play that song , it gets one of the biggest responces, even
        > more so than Forged in Fire.

        My reply to that is.... DUH! OF COURSE the BIG *fans* want to
        hear the little songs, the sleeper hits, and the ones that don't get
        that much play. But in REALITY the casual fan or the dudes there
        to see a show want to hear the "hits" the ones they recognize, and
        the ones they can "partake in". If it's all obscure stuff, or all
        new stuff the audience won't feel like part of the show, and
        therefore it would be harder to make the show work. That said, it's
        nice to see things change up once in a while if you've gone to
        multiple shows in a row.

        -rudy
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 13, 2005
          Lips, have a blast in the Sunshine State! I hope the ocean won't
          influence you to start playing surf music. That's ok if it does, I
          won't tell you guys what to do and maybe it would be a nice side
          project for you. I would be available to play drums. I'm getting
          better and I can even play "Wipeout" now. ;^D

          catdeli