Looking for quotes for Heavy Metal chapbook

  • carnifexpress
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2005
      Hello,
      My name is Armand Rosamilia and I run a small-press chapbook
      company, www.CarnifexPress.com . I am looking to put together
      a "Fan's look at Heavy Metal" series of books for future release.
      We're focusing on the Heavy Metal from the 1980s and not interested
      in Nu Metal bands for this project.

      Heavy Metal Chapbook Series

      The intent of each chapbook is to print the stories from Heavy Metal
      fans of the 1980s in certain genres.
      What we're looking for:
      Personal stories about Heavy Metal in general and specific bands.
      Some possible ideas we are looking for: meeting the band in person,
      what their music meant to you as a teen, what it means now, how
      certain songs shaped your life, why you got into the band in the
      first place, concerts you went to, etc.

      The more you can add to it, the better. We are looking for your FULL
      name and where you were growing up at the time Heavy Metal became a
      part of your life, your age now and any other facts about you we
      could use for the book, especially if they have a website or group
      about Heavy Metal.

      There is no payment for your quotes, but everyone quoted will get a
      discount on the price of the chapbook (and obviously their name in
      it).

      The chapbook series will be broken up into specific genres with some
      groups listed under each, but feel free to talk about groups not
      listed or Heavy Metal in general. This is just a rough list and
      there are tons of groups we missed. We are also looking for local
      bands that never made it to the major labels but you still remember
      them (or were part of the band), either for inclusion in the
      chapbooks or another series for the future. Also, we are looking for
      tape traders from the 1980s to chat about their bootlegs and demo
      trades, etc.

      Interested? Just e-mail me at: armand@... with your
      quotes (kindly refrain from posting it on this Yahoo group because
      we'll need them in an e-mail format to use)

      Thrash Metal
      Metallica - Slayer - Testament - Overkill - Exodus - Anthrax

      Glam Metal
      Poison - Motley Crue - Ratt - Winger - Warrant - Cinderella

      Power Metal
      Queensryche - Dream Theatre - Yngwie Malmsteen - Iced Earth –
      Crimson Glory

      Black Metal
      Bathory – Venom – Dissection – Emperor – Morbid Angel

      Classic Metal
      Black Sabbath - Ozzy Osbourne - Judas Priest - Iron Maiden – AC/DC -
      Kiss