Music machine.

  • Elaine
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 4, 2005
      We often talk about reviewers and there's one that I respect a lot; Martin Popoff. However, when I read his last review about Judas Priest's "Angel of retribution", I ask myself big questions. It's a long review and if I refer to his comments, the rating 8.5/10 is not proportional to his satisfaction toward the album.

      http://www.bravewords.com/hardwares.html

      I mean, 8.5/10 is almost a perfect album and what he wrote isn't "almost perfect". I wonder if sometimes the reviewers aren't working for Cd's stores. I wouldn't be surprised of such a rating coming from a beginner. This guy got numerous books written about rock music, he's well know and rated this album 8.5/10.......even he found major faults. Curious...

      tange

    • xcygnusxyyzx
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 4, 2005
        Probably wasnt his idea to give it 8.5 out of 10, Imagine giving those
        Giants a bad review?

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 4, 2005
          I don't know...his review is about an 8. He is usually very blunt if
          he does not like something. I have most of his books. His negative
          reviews are always fun to read.

          --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "xcygnusxyyzx"