Re: [Academy of Anvil] this is thirteen

  • Elaine
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2005
      Cut from Detritus' newsletter today:

      "Now, onto CDs. I don't have any kind of list, or intense research here
      at the "It's All About The Metal" Headquarters, so here goes! I can
      remember being honestly disappointed with the effort put forth by the
      new UFO. That's one of my all-time fave bands, revitalized with new,
      young, members, but YOU ARE HERE just fell short. Not falling anywhere
      near short was Anvil! BACK TO BASICS was just that. Now, my buddy Lips
      took some heavy criticism for "ripping off" some Judas Priest riffs.
      After speaking to Lips himself, he told me he kind of expected it, but
      didn't understand why people didn't say anything about the Nugent
      riffs!!! When you've been around as long as Lips, very little bothers
      you. BACK TO BASICS is a raw return to a more straight-ahead Anvil,
      and less thrashing than they had been doing in recent albums. I can't
      wait for TIT. That's right -- Anvil's next album is #13 for them, so
      hence the title THIS IS THIRTEEN, or TIT. Brilliant!!!"

      tange
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2005
        Yes, the guy who wrote that is named John Erigo. He is
        difinitely "AnViL-friendly", must be a friend of Lips and the band.
        But he seems to know what's up in Rock/Metal. He said The Rods
        guitarist put out a good CD last year and he was right on that call!
        I hear that a Rods reunion CD is in the works, also! AnViL/Rods co-
        headlining tour??? ;^>

        catdeli
      • Elaine