Re: [Academy of Anvil] ...

  • Elaine
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2005
      Well, I listen only to the "Dianno"'s Iron Maiden. I stopped to listen to Judas Priest after "Defenders of the Faith". Their last song "Revolution" that plays on the radio is so pathetic. I thought first that it was Billy Squier (you're too young to know him, lol) and Halford screams a "oooh yeah" like Robert Plant at the end of the song....It's not Stained Class or Screaming for vengeance. But, it's Judas Priest and if I want to see them live playing their old songs I'm better buy their stuff!

      Deep Purple, it's the same. I never listen to their last albums...Motorhead, Black Sabbath, (Catdeli is copying on my post, I tell you guys...)

      But it's not a matter of "good" or "not good". It's maybe that the albums were recorded in a period of time that was different. We saw Judas Priest, Maiden, and many other bands disappeared in the 90's but...Anvil was still rocking. There's nothing like the music live and it all depends on the albums' sales.

      tange