Re: The new album

  • Tange
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 29, 2005
      > It's not what I meant, Tony...It's just that when I saw that Allison
      wasn't on this album and that the music was a bit different, I thought
      that it was a bad sign. Maybe it was Lips with his beard...I don't
      know. I like "Love me when I'm dead", "Infanticide" -(brutal but
      good). The cover was darker than the other albums and so
      so...Everything was small in the design and I just thought like Dan.

      I was wrong, so wrong. I thought in the 80's that I was a big Anvil
      fan, but I didn't know Lips and Robb had such drive. I can't tell how
      I felt when I discovered in 2000 that they played in Germany, had a
      "speed metal" style and that they had a family life. I noticed that
      Lips changed, he's a lot more extroverted than in the 80's. Robb, I
      can't tell...he's not talkative. But for sure, they remain very
      persistent and audacious. In 1984, I wrote (in a real letter) to Anvil
      that "the fans weren't interested about what they had in their pants,
      but to what they had in their guts". Now, I know what they have in
      their hearts and they have nothing to prove to anyone.

      I wait for "TIT" like I waited a long time for "SOS". At SOS's release
      I was stupid enough to write to Anvil that "FIF was a T-Bone and SOS a
      Hot-Dog". Now, I respect the fact that Anvil doesn't like to do the
      same kind of material ALL THE TIME. I grew up, I think.

      Tange :0)