Pentagram show

  • xcygnusxyyzx
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 19, 2005
      yeah like always I drove from massachusetts a long way to get to the
      gig. This time instead of driving up to toronto I drove to the South
      to visit Hasselvander and go see Pentagram. Well we got to the gig and
      things looked okay, Joe was supposed to introduce me to Bobby and the
      rest of the band and some old friends. I saw Joe going backstage in a
      real hurry. When he came out he looked shaken up. I asked him what was
      going down? He said that bobby was overdosing on coke and that the
      show wasnt gonna happen. Well I tried to make the best of the shitty
      news by going closer to the front of the stage to watch THE HIDDEN
      HAND, winos latest doom adventure. Well they finish up and im in the
      front row of the stage talking to my friend who came with me and a
      couple other guys. Steam starts shooting out of the drum riser and
      suddenly bobby apears at the side of the stage looking like death
      itself. Shivering and going through Heroine withdrawels from the
      apparent shot of adrenilane he was given. When it starts looking even
      worse for bobby these two buffoon dudes start picking him up and
      putting him on stage. He was in no shape to sing from my perspective,
      and he looked like he needed to be in the emergancy room fast. Well he
      got on stage and crawled around on all fours for a little bit weazing
      and hyperventalating. WHile many in the audience gasped and some even
      laughed and a lot took photos, the two dudes who tossed him up there
      looked puzzled and dumbfounded as some other guy could have been one
      of them brought a chair up
      as two lifted bobby up to stand by the microphone. It was the sickest
      thing ive ever seen. He just collapsed backwards into the drum kit,
      and his bandmates just turned away. While some other guys went onstage
      and grabbed him. I was in tears by the time the Fake Pentagram band
      (no original members just Bobby) Started playing an instrumental set.
      I just wanted to get leave. My friend and I went to look for Joe to
      tell him we were leaving. But he was backstage apparently helping the
      paramedics(whom he called exclusevly) to get him out of the club and
      into a hospital. Well finally I could see joe standing there watching
      the show from back stage so I asked the bouncer if he could tap that
      tall dude on the shoulder. The guy just ignored me and shook his head.
      So I jumped and waved my arms till Joe noticed me and followed me
      outside with my friend. I couldnt believe what happened and It was
      hard to talk without crying. Joe told me he was on his way to the
      hospital and that I should stay cause they asked him to end the show
      by singing 20 buck spin. So I did and it was the highlight of the
      night. Joe singing blew everyone out of the sky. Anyways. Just thought
      Id share my experiances with you. This man was used in my opinion just
      for a laugh and the name Pentagram. He was in no shape to play, its
      amazing what people will do to make a buck
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 20, 2005
        --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "xcygnusxyyzx"
        <xcygnusxyyzx@y...> wrote:

        > yeah like always I drove from massachusetts a long way to get to the
        > gig.

        Wow, what a saga. Was that show in Washington, DC last Saturday? It
        is a long way. What are the future RAVEN plans for this year, did you
        find out? Did you get to see Alabama Thunderpussy? They were on the
        bill also, no? I was wondering if they were good because I like the
        NAME.
      • xcygnusxyyzx
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 20, 2005
          Yeah that was the show in washington DC I did get to see a little bit
          of Alabama Thunderpussy I didnt really pay attention though. Im kind
          of a jerk like that I dont usually watch the opening bands. Raven Have
          already recorded some Demos. John, Mark , and Joe are a distance away
          from eachother, Mark being in Florida. The other guys both live in
          virginia. They want to release a DVD. Who knows what will happen.
          www.ravenlunatics.com