Re: To be a reviewer...

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 14, 2005
      --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, Zazzoo <zazzoo@v...> wrote:
      > Reviews, are they credible? If you think I am not, find the CD
      > and bring your point of view.

      Hey Tange, you have a new career if you want it!
      Well, personally I never cared much if a song sounded like another
      song. After 50 years of rock & roll, it is impossible not to sound
      like another song, I think. If you think hard enough you can link any
      song with similar riffs from the past. We used to listen to Slade and
      I liked it. My friend came in the room and said, "Their songs all
      sound exactly the same!" and he hated them.
      Yes, Feinstein does use VERY familiar riffs and beats in their songs.
      They are easy to pick out as Tange reported. I still enjoy this album
      a lot. It rocks and cranked up it pounds like good old style heavy
      rock. These days those bands are very rare indeed. The newest Dio is
      on top of my playlist also, these days.
      Tange's point is very well written: Anvil BTB reviews were saying
      that AnViL copied other bands too much BUT they all gave good reviews
      to this album and it is more obvious on it. The reviewers opinion is
      just one person's view. Tange didn't enjoy Feinstein at all and
      Catdeli loves it, so who is correct? Only YOU can decide for yourself
      in the end. Use your own ears and take the reviews only as a guide.

      catdeli