To be a reviewer...

  • Zazzoo
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 14, 2005
      Hi gang, we went to the restaurant and we're quiet at home. So, I decided to
      impersonate a reviewer..just for fun. I just wrote my thoughts and opinions
      on an album that the metal reviewers (almost all German) rated as a very
      good album. I have Catdeli beside me to testify that it was the first time
      that I was listening to the complete album. You can verify going at those
      links how much the " experts " reviewers appreciated the FEINSTEIN's "Third
      wish". I wish that you could borrow the CD or if you already have it : tell
      me I'm wrong!! :^)

      This is the same guys that rated Anvil's albums. I have a lot of respect for
      David Feinstein because I was a fan when he played in The Rods. But
      sincerely, I wouldn't play that cd even when I'm taking a shit. I hope that
      Colin Brown could send the CD to Lips, because I'm not making any joke as
      I'm writing this "review".

      http://www.metal-observer.com/articles.php?lid=1&sid=1&id=6139
      <http://www.metal-observer.com/articles.php?lid=1&sid=1&id=6139> The Metal
      Observer.

      http://blogcritics.org/archives/2004/05/06/093730.php

      Blogcritics.org

      http://www.adl.at/artists/profiles/f/feinstein/review-thirdwish.htm adl.at

      http://metal-reviews.de/baseportal/CDs/kritikendetail&Id==4619
      <http://metal-reviews.de/baseportal/CDs/kritikendetail&Id==4619> BRIGHT EYES
      GERMANY.

      http://www.rockfeinstein.com/press.php

      Feinstein official site.

      1.. Regeneration - ( Starting with Turbo Lover's guitar riff (noise) and
      going with Judas Priest's "Exciter" mixed with Bruce Dickinson's scales)

      2.. Rebelution - (Van Halen's "Main Street" with a "Hagarish" vocal.

      3.. Streaming Star - ("Bark at the moon" beginning with "Rapid fire" vocal
      sang on the melody of "Stained Class" but with a Dickinson tone)

      4.. Third Wish ( I don't know, I fell asleep.)

      5.. Rule the world (Beginning like Metallica's "Creeping Death" after it's
      like "Holy Diver" or "Heaven and Hell" (with distortion!). The singer is
      great but he sounds too much like Dio-Dickinson.

      6.. Masquerade * Should be the name of the album* ( Starts with "Two
      minutes to Midnight" or "Tease me please me", but finally the singer saved
      the song)

      7. Far Beyond (Starts EXACTLY like Holy Diver, and I begin to have
      enough.)

      8. Poison Ivy (Starts like a well known Triumph song or Nugent, I'm not
      sure. More Triumph, I would say. Then the singer changes the melody with his
      powerful voice)

      9. Live to Ride, Ride to live (Sounds like Feinstein???)

      10. Firefighter (My good Lord! It's Kiss' "Lick it up" continued by JP's
      "The Green Manalishi"!!! It's a chance that they had a singer with some
      inspiration to bring something new.)

      11. Inferno ( I'm not sure if it's Garry Glitter's "Do you wanna touch me"
      or Joan Jett's "I hate myself for loving you" mixed with some guitar riffs.)

      When I wrote "it's" it doesn't mean that it "sounds like"....it means
      "it is like".

      One thing that I remain from that band: they found a GREAT singer. The
      reviewers were probably dazed by this HI FI voice and didn't even notice the
      below average of this band. Feinstein is a great guitarist but not a good
      composer. They had the chance to record in an excellent Studio and it gave
      what it gave.Reviews, are they credible? If you think I am not, find the CD
      and bring your point of view.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 14, 2005
        --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, Zazzoo <zazzoo@v...> wrote:
        > Reviews, are they credible? If you think I am not, find the CD
        > and bring your point of view.

        Hey Tange, you have a new career if you want it!
        Well, personally I never cared much if a song sounded like another
        song. After 50 years of rock & roll, it is impossible not to sound
        like another song, I think. If you think hard enough you can link any
        song with similar riffs from the past. We used to listen to Slade and
        I liked it. My friend came in the room and said, "Their songs all
        sound exactly the same!" and he hated them.
        Yes, Feinstein does use VERY familiar riffs and beats in their songs.
        They are easy to pick out as Tange reported. I still enjoy this album
        a lot. It rocks and cranked up it pounds like good old style heavy
        rock. These days those bands are very rare indeed. The newest Dio is
        on top of my playlist also, these days.
        Tange's point is very well written: Anvil BTB reviews were saying
        that AnViL copied other bands too much BUT they all gave good reviews
        to this album and it is more obvious on it. The reviewers opinion is
        just one person's view. Tange didn't enjoy Feinstein at all and
        Catdeli loves it, so who is correct? Only YOU can decide for yourself
        in the end. Use your own ears and take the reviews only as a guide.

        catdeli