Re: [Academy of Anvil] Re: new formula

  • Zazzoo
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 13, 2005
      3 piece of...? Do you mean to be 3, like in Motorhead? I'm afraid that
      Anvil's songs are made to be played by two guitars....and they're no way
      to avoid the bass. Is that what you meant?

      Jerry Fielden wrote:

      > How about on accordion? :)
      >
      > Jerry

    • xcygnusxyyzx
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 13, 2005
        It just seems to me like lips robb and glenn carry the band

        --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, Zazzoo <zazzoo@v...> wrote:
        > 3 piece of...? Do you mean to be 3, like in Motorhead? I'm afraid that
        > Anvil's songs are made to be played by two guitars....and they're no
        way
        > to avoid the bass. Is that what you meant?
        >
        > Jerry Fielden wrote:
        >
        > > How about on accordion? :)
        > >
        > > Jerry

      • Zazzoo
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 13, 2005
          You're right in a way. A guitarist, a drummer and a bassist is okay to
          make some good music. However, two guitarists is a lot better for the
          live shows. The second guitarist completes and fill the songs. But, I
          see what you mean.

          xcygnusxyyzx wrote:

          > It just seems to me like lips robb and glenn carry the band
          >

          > --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, Zazzoo <zazzoo@v...> wrote:
          > > 3 piece of...? Do you mean to be 3, like in Motorhead? I'm afraid that
          > > Anvil's songs are made to be played by two guitars....and they're no
          > way
          > > to avoid the bass. Is that what you meant?
          > >
          > > Jerry Fielden wrote:
          > >
          > > > How about on accordion? :)
          > > >
          > > > Jerry

        • xcygnusxyyzx
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 13, 2005
            Motorhead does it and so can anvil It might reveal some great hidden
            talents that lips has been saving for a rainy day. Not saying that he
            isnt amazing but id like to see him own the show more so than robb does
            and it will put more focus on him and ivan and balance out the band
            more I think

            --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, Zazzoo <zazzoo@v...> wrote:
            > You're right in a way. A guitarist, a drummer and a bassist is okay to
            > make some good music. However, two guitarists is a lot better for the

            > live shows. The second guitarist completes and fill the songs. But, I
            > see what you mean.
            >
            > xcygnusxyyzx wrote:
            >

            > > It just seems to me like lips robb and glenn carry the band
            > >

            > > --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, Zazzoo <zazzoo@v...> wrote:
            > > > 3 piece of...? Do you mean to be 3, like in Motorhead? I'm
            afraid that
            > > > Anvil's songs are made to be played by two guitars....and they're no
            > > way
            > > > to avoid the bass. Is that what you meant?

            on accordion? :)

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 13, 2005
              I have no doubt that the boys could pull it off however I prefer a
              dual guitar attack in my metal. More can be done. March of the Crabs
              wouldn't sound right with one guitar.