Re: [Academy of Anvil] Re: Who chose "Anvil" for the band's name?

  • Zazzoo
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 6, 2005
      Thanks. I thought it was that, because of the "A". In the "A" of a LP'
      store there were Aerosmith, AC/DC, April Wine and some other bands that
      were popular at this time. I always had a doubt that the name was
      "calculated", yunno a marketing stuff. It's a great name, anyway. What I
      read about the symbol of an Anvil is impressive. It's a feminine symbol
      and it's completed by the hammer (masculine element). A hammer that hits
      the Anvil is creation...There are a lot of superstitious stories about
      an anvil to read on the web. What I prefer is the clouds called "anvil".
      They are awesome and always colored in a trippin way. There's a lot of
      pics on the web. They appear before a twister, I think.

      I shoveled today, it was the panic in Glens Falls: 2 inches of
      snow......and a little rain. I was glad to have snow...We're in
      January!! They closed the schools, can you believe that?? It was a
      beautiful time to shovel, it was like April. My neighbours had their
      snow blowers big as a lawnmower and I couldn't figure out WHY they were
      using gazoline to remove 2 inches of snow. A broom would do the job.

      Well....goodnight folks!