Who chose "Anvil" for the band's name?

  • Zazzoo
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 6, 2005
      I don't think that I ever read about the way that "Anvil" was chosen for
      the band called "Lips" in 1980. Is that a guy from Attic that suggested
      it or if it's someone from the band? If someone knows the reason
      why...please tell.

      It's also amazing that one of the most "natural" Kamasutra's posture is
      called the "Anvil". I just discovered that this afternoon on the web. -
      <blush> - It doesn't really look like an anvil, I must say...I was
      checking to get all the meanings of the anvil as a symbol...and I
      "accidentally" found this funny site!
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 6, 2005
        The name did indeed come from someone at Attic. I forgot the guys name
        but I did receive an email from him a few years back.
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 6, 2005
          The reason for the name change was that there was a band called "Lips
          Inc." out and they were disco I believe.
        • Zazzoo
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 6, 2005
            Thanks. I thought it was that, because of the "A". In the "A" of a LP'
            store there were Aerosmith, AC/DC, April Wine and some other bands that
            were popular at this time. I always had a doubt that the name was
            "calculated", yunno a marketing stuff. It's a great name, anyway. What I
            read about the symbol of an Anvil is impressive. It's a feminine symbol
            and it's completed by the hammer (masculine element). A hammer that hits
            the Anvil is creation...There are a lot of superstitious stories about
            an anvil to read on the web. What I prefer is the clouds called "anvil".
            They are awesome and always colored in a trippin way. There's a lot of
            pics on the web. They appear before a twister, I think.

            I shoveled today, it was the panic in Glens Falls: 2 inches of
            snow......and a little rain. I was glad to have snow...We're in
            January!! They closed the schools, can you believe that?? It was a
            beautiful time to shovel, it was like April. My neighbours had their
            snow blowers big as a lawnmower and I couldn't figure out WHY they were
            using gazoline to remove 2 inches of snow. A broom would do the job.

            Well....goodnight folks!