[Academy of Anvil] Re: I took a resolutions for 2005 (that *YOU CAN* keep...)

  • wipy1999
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 3, 2005
      Are there any Metal Bands in Ethiopia?--- In
      academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, Zazzoo <zazzoo@v...> wrote:
      > What I meant is...I can't bring back the deads to life. The red
      cross is
      > the only organisation that I trust. In 1984, I gave 3 days of tips
      (
      > 325$) while I was a barmaid to Ethiopia and the money went to the
      > Ethiopian government that bought firearms with all the funds.
      Clinton,
      > PaPa Bush are "taking care" of the funds for the Tsunami's
      disaster:
      > big deal! You probably named the most trust wordy organisations.
      >
      > tange
      >
      > zygons_rule wrote:
      >

      > > --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, Zazzoo <zazzoo@v...> wrote:
      > > > I can't do anything about the Iraq war and the disaster in
      > > Thailand.
      > > > Tange
      > >
      > > Actually you can. The victims of the disaster in Thailand (and
      > > Indonesia, and Sri Lanka, and India)do need your help, and can you
      > > can help. There are a number of agencies that need monetary
      > > donations, no amount is too small... even 20 bucks help (or 5 or
      > > 10, or more), provided enough people pitch in.
      > > I don't do the new year's resolution thing personally because I
      > > usually break them...therefore it's a hallow attempt at helping
      > > myself. However with the Tsunamis victims I *can* help... even
      if
      > > it's only a little.
      > >
      > > If other Anvil fans wish to assist victims of this unfathomable
      > > disaster, you may contact any of the following established relief
      > > organizations:
      > >
      > > Canadian Red Cross: 1-800-418-1111 or www.redcross.ca
      > >
      > > CARE Canada: 1.800.267.5232 or www.care.ca
      > >
      > > Doctors Without Borders Canada: 1-800-982-7903 or www.msf.ca
      > >
      > > Oxfam Canada: 1-800-466-9326 (1-800-GO-OXFAM) or www.oxfam.ca
      > >
      > > UNICEF Canada: 1-877-955-3111 or www.unicef.ca
      > >
      > > World Vision Canada: 1-800-268-5528 or www.worldvision.ca
      > >
      > > or visit http://www.pulse24.com/News/Top_Story/20041228-
      005/page.asp

      > > There are also special accounts set up a number of major banks who
      > > will take your donations. I don't have details for those. Ask
      your
      > > local bank.
      > >
      > > As for the war in Iraq...send a letter (physical not email) of
      > > protest to your government.
      > >
      > > -rod
      > >

      > > *Yahoo! Groups Links*

      subject=Unsubscribe>

    • Zazzoo
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 3, 2005
        Wip. I don't think that they have electricity, Wip. It takes water to
        produce electricity...But, I was working in a bar with metal bands
        (cover bands) and we had MTV on a big screen. I use to hear "We are the
        world" and "Tears are not enough" about 12 times on my day shift. I
        decided to give some money, because I was living with my parents and
        that children were dying. It would happen in South America, that I would
        do the same. I'll be careful to who I give my money, that's all.