Here's To Joey

  • captain2man
    Message 1 of 1587 , Apr 15, 2001
      OK - this is non-Anvil related, but, being that
      I'm the founder - I get to write what I want - right?
      :><br><br>One of the most important people in rock history died
      today.....and that person is Joey Ramone, lead singer from the
      Ramones.<br><br>As some of you know, I, myself, am in a punk rock
      band, and have been a part of the New York punk scene
      for over a decade. The Ramones were the first punk
      band of the modern age, and punk rock would never have
      existed as it did without Joey and the rest of his
      Ramones "brothers".<br><br>I had the opportunity to see
      the Ramones twice, and I even got to meet Joey a few
      years ago in New York City - a very down-to-earth guy,
      I was glad to find out.<br><br>He was diagnosed
      with lymphona about a month ago, so, those who were in
      the know, knew that his time left on earth was
      short.<br><br>So - here's to Joey. A moment of silence,
      please.....and then every Ramone song ever made at full-blown,
      raw, rock 'n' roll, denim & leather
    • √Člaine
      Message 1587 of 1587 , Jan 23, 2003

        > Where is everyone tonight?