Re: [Academy of Anvil] Re: I took a resolutions for 2005 (that *YOU CAN* keep...)

  • Zazzoo
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 3, 2005
      What I meant is...I can't bring back the deads to life. The red cross is
      the only organisation that I trust. In 1984, I gave 3 days of tips (
      325$) while I was a barmaid to Ethiopia and the money went to the
      Ethiopian government that bought firearms with all the funds. Clinton,
      PaPa Bush are "taking care" of the funds for the Tsunami's disaster:
      big deal! You probably named the most trust wordy organisations.

      tange

      zygons_rule wrote:

      > --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, Zazzoo <zazzoo@v...> wrote:
      > > I can't do anything about the Iraq war and the disaster in
      > Thailand.
      > > Tange
      >
      > Actually you can. The victims of the disaster in Thailand (and
      > Indonesia, and Sri Lanka, and India)do need your help, and can you
      > can help. There are a number of agencies that need monetary
      > donations, no amount is too small... even 20 bucks help (or 5 or
      > 10, or more), provided enough people pitch in.
      > I don't do the new year's resolution thing personally because I
      > usually break them...therefore it's a hallow attempt at helping
      > myself. However with the Tsunamis victims I *can* help... even if
      > it's only a little.
      >
      > If other Anvil fans wish to assist victims of this unfathomable
      > disaster, you may contact any of the following established relief
      > organizations:
      >
      > Canadian Red Cross: 1-800-418-1111 or www.redcross.ca
      >
      > CARE Canada: 1.800.267.5232 or www.care.ca
      >
      > Doctors Without Borders Canada: 1-800-982-7903 or www.msf.ca
      >
      > Oxfam Canada: 1-800-466-9326 (1-800-GO-OXFAM) or www.oxfam.ca
      >
      > UNICEF Canada: 1-877-955-3111 or www.unicef.ca
      >
      > World Vision Canada: 1-800-268-5528 or www.worldvision.ca
      >
      > or visit http://www.pulse24.com/News/Top_Story/20041228-005/page.asp
      >
      > There are also special accounts set up a number of major banks who
      > will take your donations. I don't have details for those. Ask your
      > local bank.
      >
      > As for the war in Iraq...send a letter (physical not email) of
      > protest to your government.
      >
      > -rod
      >

      > *Yahoo! Groups Links*

    • wipy1999
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 3, 2005
        Tange and We also can not do nothing about the Problems with Marxist
        Rebels in Colombia.--- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, Zazzoo
        <zazzoo@v...> wrote:
        > I can't do anything about the Iraq war and the disaster in
        Thailand.
        > But, maybe I can try to start to ameliorate myself in 2005.
        >
        > Well, yeah...I decided to stop to swear for the year 2005. In
        Quebec,
        > it's usual to swear even for a woman but here....it sounds
        lumberjack
        > (I've been told by Catdeli). I'm not used to say "fuck" or "fuckin"
        in
        > my spoken English yet and I feel very uncomfortable to introduce
        those
        > words when I'm angry. I decided to not swear at all...only if I'm
        alone
        > and in a certain period of the month. You don't have any idea of
        all the
        > swears that exist in French Canadian. How wise I become, ha?
        >
        > I'm trying to stop being negative. I'm so anxious sometimes that
        when
        > something nice happens, I wonder what kind of shit is going to
        follow.
        > Most of the time it's like that: we have a very nice period of time
        and
        > then suddenly, everything sucks. I'll work on it, but I don't
        promise
        > anything.
        >
        > I lost 15 pounds and I want to keep on eating heating. I'm going to
        > continue to feed Deli, he looks better with a couple pounds :) In
        the
        > USA, it's so easy to gain weight. The local restaurants serve good
        meals
        > but it's the big franchises that feed most of the people and
        unhappily
        > their food is very "high fat".
        >
        > Who has a resolutions? No? Please, find one...How can you become a
        > better dude?
        >
        > Tange
      • wipy1999
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 3, 2005
          Are there any Metal Bands in Ethiopia?--- In

          subject=Unsubscribe>

        • Zazzoo
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 3, 2005
            Wip. I don't think that they have electricity, Wip. It takes water to
            produce electricity...But, I was working in a bar with metal bands
            (cover bands) and we had MTV on a big screen. I use to hear "We are the
            world" and "Tears are not enough" about 12 times on my day shift. I
            decided to give some money, because I was living with my parents and
            that children were dying. It would happen in South America, that I would
            do the same. I'll be careful to who I give my money, that's all.