I took a resolutions for 2005 (that I won't keep...)

  • Zazzoo
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 3, 2005
      I can't do anything about the Iraq war and the disaster in Thailand.
      But, maybe I can try to start to ameliorate myself in 2005.

      Well, yeah...I decided to stop to swear for the year 2005. In Quebec,
      it's usual to swear even for a woman but here....it sounds lumberjack
      (I've been told by Catdeli). I'm not used to say "fuck" or "fuckin" in
      my spoken English yet and I feel very uncomfortable to introduce those
      words when I'm angry. I decided to not swear at all...only if I'm alone
      and in a certain period of the month. You don't have any idea of all the
      swears that exist in French Canadian. How wise I become, ha?

      I'm trying to stop being negative. I'm so anxious sometimes that when
      something nice happens, I wonder what kind of shit is going to follow.
      Most of the time it's like that: we have a very nice period of time and
      then suddenly, everything sucks. I'll work on it, but I don't promise
      anything.

      I lost 15 pounds and I want to keep on eating heating. I'm going to
      continue to feed Deli, he looks better with a couple pounds :) In the
      USA, it's so easy to gain weight. The local restaurants serve good meals
      but it's the big franchises that feed most of the people and unhappily
      their food is very "high fat".

      Who has a resolutions? No? Please, find one...How can you become a
      better dude?

      Tange
    • zygons_rule
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 3, 2005
        --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, Zazzoo <zazzoo@v...> wrote:
        > I can't do anything about the Iraq war and the disaster in
        Thailand.
        > Tange

        Actually you can. The victims of the disaster in Thailand (and
        Indonesia, and Sri Lanka, and India)do need your help, and can you
        can help. There are a number of agencies that need monetary
        donations, no amount is too small... even 20 bucks help (or 5 or
        10, or more), provided enough people pitch in.
        I don't do the new year's resolution thing personally because I
        usually break them...therefore it's a hallow attempt at helping
        myself. However with the Tsunamis victims I *can* help... even if
        it's only a little.

        If other Anvil fans wish to assist victims of this unfathomable
        disaster, you may contact any of the following established relief
        organizations:

        Canadian Red Cross: 1-800-418-1111 or www.redcross.ca

        CARE Canada: 1.800.267.5232 or www.care.ca

        Doctors Without Borders Canada: 1-800-982-7903 or www.msf.ca

        Oxfam Canada: 1-800-466-9326 (1-800-GO-OXFAM) or www.oxfam.ca

        UNICEF Canada: 1-877-955-3111 or www.unicef.ca

        World Vision Canada: 1-800-268-5528 or www.worldvision.ca

        or visit http://www.pulse24.com/News/Top_Story/20041228-005/page.asp

        There are also special accounts set up a number of major banks who
        will take your donations. I don't have details for those. Ask your
        local bank.

        As for the war in Iraq...send a letter (physical not email) of
        protest to your government.

        -rod
      • Zazzoo
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 3, 2005
          What I meant is...I can't bring back the deads to life. The red cross is
          the only organisation that I trust. In 1984, I gave 3 days of tips (
          325$) while I was a barmaid to Ethiopia and the money went to the
          Ethiopian government that bought firearms with all the funds. Clinton,
          PaPa Bush are "taking care" of the funds for the Tsunami's disaster:
          big deal! You probably named the most trust wordy organisations.

          tange

          zygons_rule wrote:

          > --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, Zazzoo <zazzoo@v...> wrote:
          > > I can't do anything about the Iraq war and the disaster in
          > Thailand.
          > > Tange
          >
          > Actually you can. The victims of the disaster in Thailand (and
          > Indonesia, and Sri Lanka, and India)do need your help, and can you
          > can help. There are a number of agencies that need monetary
          > donations, no amount is too small... even 20 bucks help (or 5 or
          > 10, or more), provided enough people pitch in.
          > I don't do the new year's resolution thing personally because I
          > usually break them...therefore it's a hallow attempt at helping
          > myself. However with the Tsunamis victims I *can* help... even if
          > it's only a little.
          >
          > If other Anvil fans wish to assist victims of this unfathomable
          > disaster, you may contact any of the following established relief
          > organizations:
          >
          > Canadian Red Cross: 1-800-418-1111 or www.redcross.ca
          >
          > CARE Canada: 1.800.267.5232 or www.care.ca
          >
          > Doctors Without Borders Canada: 1-800-982-7903 or www.msf.ca
          >
          > Oxfam Canada: 1-800-466-9326 (1-800-GO-OXFAM) or www.oxfam.ca
          >
          > UNICEF Canada: 1-877-955-3111 or www.unicef.ca
          >
          > World Vision Canada: 1-800-268-5528 or www.worldvision.ca
          >
          > or visit http://www.pulse24.com/News/Top_Story/20041228-005/page.asp
          >
          > There are also special accounts set up a number of major banks who
          > will take your donations. I don't have details for those. Ask your
          > local bank.
          >
          > As for the war in Iraq...send a letter (physical not email) of
          > protest to your government.
          >
          > -rod
          >

          > *Yahoo! Groups Links*

        • wipy1999
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 3, 2005
            Tange and We also can not do nothing about the Problems with Marxist
            Rebels in Colombia.--- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, Zazzoo
            <zazzoo@v...> wrote:
            > I can't do anything about the Iraq war and the disaster in
            Thailand.
            > But, maybe I can try to start to ameliorate myself in 2005.
            >
            > Well, yeah...I decided to stop to swear for the year 2005. In
            Quebec,
            > it's usual to swear even for a woman but here....it sounds
            lumberjack
            > (I've been told by Catdeli). I'm not used to say "fuck" or "fuckin"
            in
            > my spoken English yet and I feel very uncomfortable to introduce
            those
            > words when I'm angry. I decided to not swear at all...only if I'm
            alone
            > and in a certain period of the month. You don't have any idea of
            all the
            > swears that exist in French Canadian. How wise I become, ha?
            >
            > I'm trying to stop being negative. I'm so anxious sometimes that
            when
            > something nice happens, I wonder what kind of shit is going to
            follow.
            > Most of the time it's like that: we have a very nice period of time
            and
            > then suddenly, everything sucks. I'll work on it, but I don't
            promise
            > anything.
            >
            > I lost 15 pounds and I want to keep on eating heating. I'm going to
            > continue to feed Deli, he looks better with a couple pounds :) In
            the
            > USA, it's so easy to gain weight. The local restaurants serve good
            meals
            > but it's the big franchises that feed most of the people and
            unhappily
            > their food is very "high fat".
            >
            > Who has a resolutions? No? Please, find one...How can you become a
            > better dude?
            >
            > Tange
          • wipy1999
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 3, 2005
              Are there any Metal Bands in Ethiopia?--- In

              subject=Unsubscribe>

            • Zazzoo
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 3, 2005
                Wip. I don't think that they have electricity, Wip. It takes water to
                produce electricity...But, I was working in a bar with metal bands
                (cover bands) and we had MTV on a big screen. I use to hear "We are the
                world" and "Tears are not enough" about 12 times on my day shift. I
                decided to give some money, because I was living with my parents and
                that children were dying. It would happen in South America, that I would
                do the same. I'll be careful to who I give my money, that's all.