Reunion?

  • anvilips2000
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 30, 2004
      You guys kill me!!! Why? It sounds better now, Dave's voice live was
      horrid and don't even ask what he looks like these days. I think the
      main reason for such thinking would be, just to see how bad we would
      be with the old guys. Ian probably could pull it off, and he still
      looks the same as he ever did, however Dave propably would not
      remeber songs very well and as far as I know he hasn't played his
      guitar in years, since it got burned in a fire about 10 years back.
      As far as Seb goes he's running a sound company in the New York area
      and Mike Duncan I have no idea as to were he might even be.....
    • Zazzoo
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 30, 2004
        Well, Dave didn't remember the songs in the 80's. I mean he was good
        live for "HnH" and "MoM", after...I don't know what happened but he
        showed a poor performance playing the "FiF" songs. He massacred "Free as
        the wind" and "Winged Assasins" each time that I saw Anvil in the 80's.
        Bar Univers, Quebec City (July 6, 1983); Hotel Le Germoir, Montmagny
        (1983); Bar L'Orée, St-Augustin (March 8, 1984).......and all the other
        times that Anvil played at the Bar Rock Rive-Sud at St-Romuald. "FiF" is
        my favorite album and each time that jerk was smiling to the girlies
        instead of staying concentrated on the song, I wanted to throw him my
        drink. Once, he stopped to play to puke, jeez... In 1984 at St-Augustin,
        I think it was the worse Anvil show that I ever seen!! Dave was "trying"
        singing his songs, but Lips didn't seem to enjoy. At this time, Dave's
        voice was bad even the soundman couldn't help.

        I don't understand that Anvil kept this guy so long with them. I've
        never seen Seb Marino and the others. I liked Ian's style and he had
        talent, but I like also G5. G5 is different but he brings something that
        Anvil will always need: heavyness.

        Tange :0)