Helix anniversary show

    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 29, 2004
      I just watched the Helix 30th anniversary show. Brian Vollmer had 14
      member (past and present) perform.

      I think it would be cool if in 2008 Anvil did the same thing. Start
      with original lineup playing the the 80s stuff. Then Seb replaced Dave
      and does a couple of WTW tunes. Then Mike and Ivan replace Seb and Ian
      for a couple of PIP tracks....followed by the present lineup doing the
      rest.
    • Zazzoo
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 29, 2004
        I don't know...The idea is good but I doubt that Lips would be ready for
        "such" an experience. tange

        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 29, 2004
          Might be a cool idea though I doubt it could happen. Where are the
          other guys all living now?

          Motorhead has done such a concert before and put it out as a video
          called "The Birthday Party". It was their 10th Anniv. in 1986.

          catdeli
        • Zazzoo
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 30, 2004
            Motorhead's guys remembered how to play. I think that Dickson still
            plays bass....like that, but I would be damned if Allison could remember
            the songs. Honestly, I don't want to imagine Lips teaching Dave how to
            play "Stop me"...after all these years. What happened to Sebastian
            Marino after WTW? He played for Overkill, but what does he do now?

            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 30, 2004
              Dave played those songs for many years....it probably wouldn't take to
              long to get back in the swing of it. The original Helix lineup ofrom
              1974-75 played together. Many of them hadn't touched their instruments
              since.

              --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, Zazzoo <zazzoo@v...> wrote:
              > Motorhead's guys remembered how to play. I think that Dickson still
              > plays bass....like that, but I would be damned if Allison could
              remember
              > the songs. Honestly, I don't want to imagine Lips teaching Dave how to
              > play "Stop me"...after all these years. What happened to Sebastian
              > Marino after WTW? He played for Overkill, but what does he do now?

            • wipy1999
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 30, 2004
                Helix Sucks And Guys and Gals How Old is Colin Brown?--- In
                academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, Zazzoo <zazzoo@v...> wrote:
                > I don't know...The idea is good but I doubt that Lips would be
                ready for
                > "such" an experience. tange
                >

                > tgalloca wrote:
                >

                > > I just watched the Helix 30th anniversary show. Brian Vollmer had
                14
                > > member (past and present) perform.
                > >
                > > I think it would be cool if in 2008 Anvil did the same thing.
                Start
                > > with original lineup playing the the 80s stuff. Then Seb replaced
                Dave
                > > and does a couple of WTW tunes. Then Mike and Ivan replace Seb
                and Ian
                > > for a couple of PIP tracks....followed by the present lineup
                doing the
                > > rest.
                > >

                > > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*

                <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1294ri2h6/M=273541.5630596.6691732.224846
                7/D=grplch/S=1705024748:HM/EXP=1104444488/A=2061551/R=0/SIG=11sr5b9n1/
                *http://launch.yahoo.com/artist/videos.asp?artistID=1001301>

                > > *Yahoo! Groups Links*

                subject=Unsubscribe>

              • Zazzoo
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 30, 2004
                  I think he's Catdeli's age, if you're talking about "Mad Dog". tange ;*)

                  wipy1999 wrote:

                  > Helix Sucks And Guys and Gals How Old is Colin Brown?--- In
                  > academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, Zazzoo <zazzoo@v...> wrote:
                  > > I don't know...The idea is good but I doubt that Lips would be
                  > ready for
                  > > "such" an experience. tange
                  > >

                  > > tgalloca wrote:
                  > >

                  > > > I just watched the Helix 30th anniversary show. Brian Vollmer had
                  > 14
                  > > > member (past and present) perform.
                  > > >
                  > > > I think it would be cool if in 2008 Anvil did the same thing.
                  > Start
                  > > > with original lineup playing the the 80s stuff. Then Seb replaced
                  > Dave
                  > > > and does a couple of WTW tunes. Then Mike and Ivan replace Seb
                  > and Ian
                  > > > for a couple of PIP tracks....followed by the present lineup
                  > doing the
                  > > > rest.
                  > > >

                  > > > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
                  > > >
                  > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1294ri2h6/M=273541.5630596.6691732.224846
                  > 7/D=grplch/S=1705024748:HM/EXP=1104444488/A=2061551/R=0/SIG=11sr5b9n1/
                  > *http://launch.yahoo.com/artist/videos.asp?artistID=1001301>
                  > > >

                  > > > *Yahoo! Groups Links*

                  > subject=Unsubscribe>

                  > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
                  > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1292ngppi/M=273541.5630596.6691732.2248467/D=grplch/S=1705024748:HM/EXP=1104546367/A=2061551/R=0/SIG=11sr5b9n1/*http://launch.yahoo.com/artist/videos.asp?artistID=1001301>
                  >

                  > *Yahoo! Groups Links*

                • wipy1999
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 31, 2004
                    YES Colin MadDog Brown How old is He? I am 36 I know He is older then
                    Me probably near 40 more or less. Would any one have info How old
                    Colin is? Colin are You Related to Lips? Both of you Guts Hate Death
                    Metal? Why? Any Autosy or Abscess fans in the house? Speaking of
                    other news the N ew Saxon Cd I listened to a couple times and so far
                    is boring to Me. B.T.W.::: When is the lasst time Saxon played in
                    Canada? www.saxon747.com--- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, Zazzoo
                    <zazzoo@v...> wrote:
                    > I think he's Catdeli's age, if you're talking about "Mad Dog".
                    tange ;*)

                    > wipy1999 wrote:
                    >

                    > > Helix Sucks And Guys and Gals How Old is Colin Brown?--- In
                    > > academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, Zazzoo <zazzoo@v...> wrote:
                    > > > I don't know...The idea is good but I doubt that Lips would be
                    > > ready for

                    > > 14

                    > > Start
                    > > Dave
                    > > and Ian
                    > > doing the

                    <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1294ri2h6/M=273541.5630596.6691732.224846

                    7/D=grplch/S=1705024748:HM/EXP=1104444488/A=2061551/R=0/SIG=11sr5b9n1/
                    > > *http://launch.yahoo.com/artist/videos.asp?artistID=1001301>

                    > > subject=Unsubscribe>

                    Terms of

                    > > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*

                    <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1292ngppi/M=273541.5630596.6691732.224846
                    7/D=grplch/S=1705024748:HM/EXP=1104546367/A=2061551/R=0/SIG=11sr5b9n1/
                    *http://launch.yahoo.com/artist/videos.asp?artistID=1001301>

                    > > *Yahoo! Groups Links*

                    subject=Unsubscribe>

                  • Zazzoo
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 2, 2005
                      Happy New Year everyone! Ouf, I had my parents and my sisters with me
                      for the new year, it was so nice. On January 25, I go for my interview
                      (the last until I have to renew my work card) and I'll be allowed to
                      cross the US borders to visit my parents and friends...To see Anvil
                      shows maybe in the summer!!

                      How old, how old.....Wipy. When you'll be over 40 years old, you'll see
                      that you won't like to write your age on a Yahoo board.

                      Death metal? You should know since 2000 (this board is 5 years old!!)
                      that.......most of us just HATE black or death metal. Personaly, I think
                      it's not a "kind of music" but a fashion. It doesn't inspire me and it
                      all sounds the same. They're enough horrible things in this world: Iraq
                      war, Thailand's earthquake and violence. Man, I don't want to listen to
                      a music that sounds like if there was nothing good in this life. You
                      like it, it's alright. I respect that. But I like what I like and I
                      prefer melodic music. If not, I wouldn't like Anvil. Anvil wrote "666"
                      but even there.......it's trash-melodic, it isn't "death" or "black" metal.

                      Again, Happy New Year to all Anvil's fans!!! I can wait to see an
                      Anvil's gig! Don't get mad Wip!

                      Tange :*)

                      wipy1999 wrote:

                      > YES Colin MadDog Brown How old is He? I am 36 I know He is older then
                      > Me probably near 40 more or less. Would any one have info How old
                      > Colin is? Colin are You Related to Lips? Both of you Guts Hate Death
                      > Metal? Why? Any Autosy or Abscess fans in the house? Speaking of
                      > other news the N ew Saxon Cd I listened to a couple times and so far
                      > is boring to Me. B.T.W.::: When is the lasst time Saxon played in
                      > Canada? www.saxon747.com--- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, Zazzoo
                      > <zazzoo@v...> wrote:
                      > > I think he's Catdeli's age, if you're talking about "Mad Dog".
                      > tange ;*)
                      > >
                      > > wipy1999 wrote:
                      > >

                      > > > Helix Sucks And Guys and Gals How Old is Colin Brown?--- In
                      > > > ready for

                      > had
                      > > > 14

                      > > > Start
                      > replaced
                      > > > Dave
                      > > > and Ian
                      > > > doing the

                      > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1294ri2h6/M=273541.5630596.6691732.224846
                      > > >
                      > 7/D=grplch/S=1705024748:HM/EXP=1104444488/A=2061551/R=0/SIG=11sr5b9n1/
                      > > > *http://launch.yahoo.com/artist/videos.asp?artistID=1001301>

                      > > > subject=Unsubscribe>

                      > Terms of
                      > > > > >

                      > > > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
                      > > >
                      > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1292ngppi/M=273541.5630596.6691732.224846
                      > 7/D=grplch/S=1705024748:HM/EXP=1104546367/A=2061551/R=0/SIG=11sr5b9n1/
                      > *http://launch.yahoo.com/artist/videos.asp?artistID=1001301>
                      > > >

                      > > > *Yahoo! Groups Links*

                      > subject=Unsubscribe>

                      > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
                      > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129ciumsf/M=273541.5630596.6691732.2248467/D=grplch/S=1705024748:HM/EXP=1104628074/A=2061551/R=0/SIG=11sr5b9n1/*http://launch.yahoo.com/artist/videos.asp?artistID=1001301>
                      >

                      > *Yahoo! Groups Links*

                    • wipy1999
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 2, 2005
                        OH Well At least I think Colin likes Onslaught and Possesed. I doubt
                        Lips likes those bands.--- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, Zazzoo

                        /

                        > > Terms of

                        <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1292ngppi/M=273541.5630596.6691732.22484
                        6

                        7/D=grplch/S=1705024748:HM/EXP=1104546367/A=2061551/R=0/SIG=11sr5b9n1
                        /
                        > > *http://launch.yahoo.com/artist/videos.asp?artistID=1001301>

                        > > subject=Unsubscribe>

                        Terms of

                        > > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*

                        <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129ciumsf/M=273541.5630596.6691732.22484
                        67/D=grplch/S=1705024748:HM/EXP=1104628074/A=2061551/R=0/SIG=11sr5b9n
                        1/*http://launch.yahoo.com/artist/videos.asp?artistID=1001301>

                        > > *Yahoo! Groups Links*

                        subject=Unsubscribe>