Re: Anvil at L'Amour (part 2)

  • tangerine125
    Message 1 of 1587 , Jan 2, 2001
      Hey Captain... I believe that you saw the best
      drum solo of your life. That's the "Reiner syndrome",
      and I saw Anvil played in front a couple hundred of
      people. They made the opening of Iron Maiden in 1982
      (Number of the beast). Believe it or not, they had a
      sound problem. When they came in 1983 to present
      "Forged in Fire" in a very big place, we had a big
      blizzard and the show was cancelled. Metallica came just
      after, and the weather was okay... If Anvil is not known
      as other bands, it's maybe just a matter of
      coincidences and bad lucks. They are unbelievable on stage and
      these guys got talents (WoW!). In every town, every
      house or every "garage", there's a guy with talent.
      But, will he be known?? <br><br>You're a real fan and
      you support them the best way you can. I admire that,
      for real. But if they are appreciated in Europe,
      GOOD! People here just don't know what they miss. We're
      living in North America and the rules for metal bands
      are different, if they want to get a crowd looking at
      their shows. Anvil will never accept to be commercial,
      and if you look at all metal bands of their
      generation, that's what they became: commercials. In Europe,
      it must be different.<br><br>Happy new year!
    • √Člaine
      Message 1587 of 1587 , Jan 23, 2003

        > Where is everyone tonight?

        my case: I worry.