Re: Another Poser Bites the Dust.

  • zygons_rule
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 10, 2004
      This last message is a small example of how I find if hard to
      discuss metal music, and Anvil with fans online. This is by far one
      of the more easy going messages, but taking this as a tiny example I
      find WIPY1999's message a bit offensive. He said: "The Same with
      Homos Soulfly...". I have a number of gay friends...YES a metalhead
      with GAY FRIENDS! It is possible. I find it distastful when I read
      or hear people I have something in common with using words of hate
      for no other reason that they don't know how to express
      themselves.... at least I HOPE this is the reason, because the
      alternative is that he is in fact a true homophobe. I don't like
      Slipknot or Soulfly either. I really hate their music...but I'm not
      going to call them Homos or *iGGe*s, or the like because we need to
      steer away from this culture of hate and intolerance. METAL can be
      construded as being an angry form of musical expression...I prefer
      to think of it as a different form of passion. I'm a classic metal
      fan...I'm not a fan of the Black or Death styles but there are
      instances where I might enjoy a tune or two...but for the most part
      it's not my bag. So I won't discuss or just type away with
      incoherent messages of SUCKS SHIT CRAP FUCK THEM and so forth. Why
      waste my time? Spewing bile won't make them go away... let discuss
      what we do like, and maybe contrast them with the stuff we don't
      like?

      I've not heard Still Going Strong or Back To Basics... which I am
      really looking forward to since I am a huge fan of the "classic
      metal style". Which from what I gather is that Anvil has gone back
      to their roots...roots which I absolutely and totally enjoy. I hope
      to make it to their next gig (Vatikan?) in February as I'm
      unavailable to hit the New Years Eve bash.

      Speaking of which did anyone on this list go to the last Vatikan
      show? Lips...how was the room to play? I've been there to see Nash
      The Slash... and it was a good show, he really won over the large
      goth contingent that was there. Did Anvil?

      That's all for now.

      Z-R

      > Wipy1999's
      > starting Mallcore and Nu Metal. Man this Shit Sucks. The same with
      > Slipknot CRAP. Hey also Phil Anselmo Why is He in all these
      > different bands. He even has some Black Metal bands. If He was
      true
      > He would be cool. Back in the Mid 90s Phil Was prasing Resistance
      > Records A White Power Skinhead label and also I heard back in the
      > early 90s Him and David vincent when He was in Morbid Angel was
      > hanging out with some Nazi Dudes in Denver. I hope Pantera are
      overr
      > for Good. Fuck Pantera. Hail Anvil Hail Exciter Hail Usurper.---
      In