Re: [Academy of Anvil] Re: Death of Dimebag

  • Jerry Fielden
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 10, 2004
      Indeed. I'm quite sure that most Anvil fans on this list do have such a "life". I, for one, enjoy art or natural history museums and historical places, classical and other genre concerts, as well as many varieties of metal (from Rush to Annihilator, Sabbath, Dream Theater, etc.) Anvil is part and parcel of this and I'm quite honored to have been able to participate in their history by taking photos of them on two of their albums. They are most generous people with their feelings and it shows in their songs and how they treat their fans. Just look at how much Lips participates on this list, for instance. And his lyrics can be quite varied and touch the social, mythological, ecological as well as the mundane aspects of life. Some excellent examples: "Siren of the Sea", "Computer Drone", "Don't Ask Me", "The Chainsaw", etc.

      Who knows? Maybe Dimebag Darrell's death will inspire Lips to write something on the subject...

      Best to all of you, Jerry