Re: [Academy of Anvil] Another Poser Bites the Dust.

  • Jerry Fielden
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 10, 2004
      Hi to you ZR,

      Thanks for the kind words under these terrible circumstances. There are other voices of reason here (read Lip's post) and Catdeli and Elaine are also two of them.

      Jerry
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 10, 2004
        Seriously Guys Pantera were Clowns. I prefered them as Posers ALA
        DEf Lappard Style. The first 3 Panteras Are Great but then OWWWWW
        Move Over Macho Metal Cowboys from Hell,Vulgar Display and Driven
        and that started a Stupid New Trend. The Same with Homos Soulfly
        starting Mallcore and Nu Metal. Man this Shit Sucks. The same with
        Slipknot CRAP. Hey also Phil Anselmo Why is He in all these
        different bands. He even has some Black Metal bands. If He was true
        He would be cool. Back in the Mid 90s Phil Was prasing Resistance
        Records A White Power Skinhead label and also I heard back in the
        early 90s Him and David vincent when He was in Morbid Angel was
        hanging out with some Nazi Dudes in Denver. I hope Pantera are overr
        for Good. Fuck Pantera. Hail Anvil Hail Exciter Hail Usurper.--- In
        academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, zygons_rule <no_reply@y...> wrote:

        > A voice of reason, and complete sentences. Alas we've reached
        > new level. Thank you for your post, and I agree completely. You
        > should post more often, perhaps we can have a serious discussion
        on
        > this group more often.
        >
        > Z-R
        >

        > --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry Fielden"
        > <jerryfie@h...> wrote:
        > > I would've preferred the "poser" die a natural death, bad metal
        or
        > not. A human life is not worth comments like that, unless it was a
        > dictator or something. Comments like "my metal is better than your
        > metal" and "this band sucks" are so childish in circumstances like
        > these, don't you think? We're all metal fans here and we should
        all
        > mourn the brutal death of this metal musician. It doesn't really
        > matter if you liked the music or not.
        > >
        > > Jerry

      • zygons_rule
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 10, 2004
          This last message is a small example of how I find if hard to
          discuss metal music, and Anvil with fans online. This is by far one
          of the more easy going messages, but taking this as a tiny example I
          find WIPY1999's message a bit offensive. He said: "The Same with
          Homos Soulfly...". I have a number of gay friends...YES a metalhead
          with GAY FRIENDS! It is possible. I find it distastful when I read
          or hear people I have something in common with using words of hate
          for no other reason that they don't know how to express
          themselves.... at least I HOPE this is the reason, because the
          alternative is that he is in fact a true homophobe. I don't like
          Slipknot or Soulfly either. I really hate their music...but I'm not
          going to call them Homos or *iGGe*s, or the like because we need to
          steer away from this culture of hate and intolerance. METAL can be
          construded as being an angry form of musical expression...I prefer
          to think of it as a different form of passion. I'm a classic metal
          fan...I'm not a fan of the Black or Death styles but there are
          instances where I might enjoy a tune or two...but for the most part
          it's not my bag. So I won't discuss or just type away with
          incoherent messages of SUCKS SHIT CRAP FUCK THEM and so forth. Why
          waste my time? Spewing bile won't make them go away... let discuss
          what we do like, and maybe contrast them with the stuff we don't
          like?

          I've not heard Still Going Strong or Back To Basics... which I am
          really looking forward to since I am a huge fan of the "classic
          metal style". Which from what I gather is that Anvil has gone back
          to their roots...roots which I absolutely and totally enjoy. I hope
          to make it to their next gig (Vatikan?) in February as I'm
          unavailable to hit the New Years Eve bash.

          Speaking of which did anyone on this list go to the last Vatikan
          show? Lips...how was the room to play? I've been there to see Nash
          The Slash... and it was a good show, he really won over the large
          goth contingent that was there. Did Anvil?

          That's all for now.

          Z-R