Re: Death of Dimebag

  • zygons_rule
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 9, 2004
      I am very pleased to hear you articulate your thoughts on the
      matter...because it is true, and I am heartened to hear you talk
      about it. I'm a fan of your music but by no means am I a violent or
      ignorant individual, but I have seen those types of fans at metal
      shows, punk shows, wherever... they exist, and frankly they give
      metal a bad name. I'm sure you've had plenty of time to observe
      this, as you said, but I'm happy to hear that you've processed what
      you've seen, as there are many bands that don't think about, don't
      care, or foster that culture of violence and stupidity. Just
      because I like metal doesn't mean I don't read a book, go to
      museums, or have a "life".

      Again... more good conversation! WOW.

      Z-R

      --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, anvilips2000 <no_reply@y...>
      wrote:

      > In a certain sence I'm not surprised this happened and to be
      honest I
      > thought it would have happened a long time ago. Robb and I talked
      > about the possibilities of such a thing about 20 years ago , and
      we
      > hoped it wouldn't be us but we thought it would happen for sure.
      The
      > mentality of a so called Metal audience can be extremely violent
      and
      > ignorant, I'm not saying that metal fans are ignorant and violent
      but
      > there is that element alive and well, and in the many shows I've
      > played through out the years I've had plenty of of observational
      > time. Some fans become obsessed with a band and can become as
      much
      > as a fan as a lethal enemy. I also believe that certain bands
      attract
      > mental misfits, not just heavy metal but many of the off shoots .
      In
      > Denmark there has been such crazyness where bands murder other
      bands
      > to get noticed, for being the most evil Death Metal band. I
      sometimes
      > wonder who I'm entertaining and are they worth entertaining and at
      > this particular moment I'm left wondering again.
    • wipy1999
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 10, 2004
        Lips It was in Norway with the Black Metal Scene.--- In