This is Thirteen................................................................

  • anvilips2000
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 5, 2004
      May be the next album title, short version TIT....I like that !!!We
      plan to have 13 songs, and were thinking about some sort of a
      supersticious concept for the graphics, such as, broken mirror, black
      cat, and the Anvil under a ladder. This will also be our 13th studio
      recording which is why we want to do this as well as the fact you can
      only put out your 13th recording once in your entire carreer, bad
      luck or not. We have 12 songs in musical form at the moment and will
      probably write at least another 6 before choosing the actual 13. The
      kind of songs are quite varied as usual, number 12 which we started
      last week is a Forged in Fire type, meaning the song not the album.
      Number 11 is like old Anvil meets new Anvil, a cross between a
      Butterbust Jerky and The Creep. Of course it's very Anvil, much more
      than the last cd was. So far and more than likely never will be
      another slow balladesque song, so no one will ever have to skip over
      a track on the up coming cds we put out...lol I also must add that
      the show in Oshawa will still happen but it has been postponed. I'm
      not sure when but it will be sooner than later. We will be back at
      The Vatikan on February 5th, as well as New Years at Heads or Tails.
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 5, 2004
        It's good to have some positive news! The concept sounds solid, you
        can do much with the whole superstitious/supernatural angle. Thirteen
        in the tarot(death) represents a new beginning after one cycle has
        finished. A Ouija board with the pointer in the shape of an anvil? A
        black cat with the anvil logo shaved into it's fur?

        Seems like a return to a more metal sound for this one? Does Ivan
        continue in the band, I wonder? Will Robb finally sing a song? Is it
        time for a G5 bass solo on this album?

        XIII,
        catdeli