Formula

  • xcygnusxyyzx
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 19, 2004
      Part of what makes that lame Iron Maiden so huge is the fact that they
      always stick to a formula (meaning the same generic garbage year after
      year) But anvil, although they sometimes stick to a formula, Have
      always mantained my total respect. They do not sound the same on every
      album , so if im in the mood for head on thrash /speed I can pop in
      worth the weight or Absolutely no alternative, but if I want crippling
      Doom and power metal I can listen to Forged in Fire, if I want to
      listen to Good old Classic Rock and roll metal/nwobhm type stuff I
      just listen to Hard n heavy(which rocks as much as any). Or if I want
      to listen to complete drivel and generic crap I just pop in Brave New
      world or Number of the Beast.
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 19, 2004
        I am a fan of Iron Maiden for the most part. I love NOTB!!. Great
        album. As for a formulat. I think Maiden has changed over the years. I
        love the early 80s stuff. I like the late 80s and early 90s stuff buit
        the recent Blaza and Bruce albums I find boring. Hell if they used
        their 80s formula it would be an improvement.

        --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "xcygnusxyyzx"