Kick ass magazine 1984

  • Elaine Delsignore
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2004
      We had a flood here in the cellar last summer...but we saved the old magazines about Anvil! I found an interview with the intelligent "Lars" from Metallica that is impressing. Metallica's members are so young on the pictures that Hetfield looks like a girly. This is the "Kick Ass" Magazine written with a typewriter!! (May 1984)
      Lars: "Hopefully with the second album, we'll be a good bit up the ladder to the next step. Up to the next step, I mean, breaking out of just being underground. It's stupid to say we're gonna be up to where Iron Maiden, Def Leppard and Judas Priest are, 'cause we're not right now but at least we can get up to bands underneath the megabands like ANVIL, Krokus, Y & T, Dio, whatever."

      Another article in this magazine touched me a lot, it's about Anvil. They put some pictures and there's a fabulous shot of Robb Reiner (Woooo!). There's another one that would be good but Allison decided to wear "white soxes" and yet he looks like Olivia Newton John trying to do more than Lips on stage...a classic! Christ Lips, why didn't you tell him that he was looking moron? :*)

      Bob Muldowney:

      "It's been said that absence makes the heart grow fonder and, although that is definitively the case with ANVIL in some respects, if I go without seeing them for nay lenght of time, often I find myself losing sight of how phenominal they really are. It's no secret that ANVIL is one of my favorite HM outfits and, on vinyl, they're great, but there is something about experiencing ANVIL live that is difficult to describe. The total metallic assault, the musical greatness, the non-stop energy, all combine to make Anvil possibly the greatest live metal band. After not seeing them for awhile, and seeing incredible power metal outfits like Motorhead, Metallica, and Exciter, sometimes I forget just how powerful the Canadian metal gods are."

      That was the good part...

      "Certainly Lips and Robb Reiner are the two most publicized members of Anvil but, without the steady and dependable work of rythm guitarist Dave Allison and bassist Ian Dickson, it just wouldn't work".