Re: [Academy of Anvil] Anvil in Montreal?!!!

  • Elaine Delsignore
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 12, 2004
      Isn't it Megadeth that cut a big 10 minutes to an Anvil's gig during a festival? I'm not sure that Mustaine would like that his fans would take a look at Lips and Robb playing just before a show :0) "Vain' n ' heavy"!!

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 14, 2004
        U'd doubt that Mustain would be scared of a lesser band opening for
        them, I must remind you that for the "normal" metal head anvil is as
        well known as Razor or Exciter......

        Once the Anvil albums are rereleased in the US I would think that
        they would be known a lil more

        Bartender

        --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "Elaine Delsignore"

        academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com<mailto:academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com>

        > Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2004 7:24 AM
        > Subject: [Academy of Anvil] Anvil in Montreal?!!!
        >

        > You guys will go (once again) through Montreal and will not stop
        and
        > play!!!!!!!!!
        >
        > That is really unacceptable you know, you always did a great
        show
        > here but for what ever reason (booking or lack of) you don't
        play
        > here anymore....
        >
        > Maybe it's because the Medley was not full last time you were
        here?
        > There are other good (smaller) bars to play at that would maybe
        suit
        > you better....
        >

        > You should play Cafe Chaos
        http://cafechaos.qc.ca/anglais/intro2.html<http://cafechaos.qc.ca/ang
        lais/intro2.html>
        > or the Cafe Campus
        http://www.cafecampus.com/set.html<http://www.cafecampus.com/set.html

        > those 2 places would suit you better IMO.
        >

        > On a side note it's too bad you're not opening for Megadeth....
        >
        > ATL
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129coa1kv/M=315388.5455589.6541277.22484
        67/D=grplch/S=1705024748:HM/EXP=1097666656/A=2372354/R=0/SIG=12id813k
        2/*https://www.orchardbank.com/hcs/hcsapplication?
        pf=PLApply&media=EMYHNL40F21004SS>

        > academyofanvil-
        unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com<mailto:academyofanvil-

        of Service<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.

      • Elaine Delsignore
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 14, 2004
          "I must remind you that for the "normal" metal head anvil is as
          well known as Razor or Exciter......"

          I agree that I'm not normal...to still post on this board with all the insults that I received. But you weren't a member of this group in april 2001 when Anvil played at the Meltdown III in NJ. I'm not sure if it's there that Mustaine asked to cut Anvil's gig (10 min) to "set" their stuff. Maybe it was in Germany. I can't find the message in the archives where Lips explained it. I didn't mean that Anvil wasn't well known, I meant that Mustaine was too jealous about Lips to let him play. He's not jealous only about his talent, but about the fact that Lips got the same wedding ring and almost the same FlyingVs. Isn't he screwed up enough? I think that he's not NORMAL.

          For your info: I'm not a metal head, I'm an Anvil fan. I like heavy rock, prog rock, prog metal, jazz and all kind of stuff.

          --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com<mailto:academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com>, "Elaine Delsignore"
          <eldels@m...> wrote:
          > Isn't it Megadeth that cut a big 10 minutes to an Anvil's gig
          during a festival? I'm not sure that Mustaine would like that his
          fans would take a look at Lips and Robb playing just before a
          show :0) "Vain' n ' heavy"!!

          http://cafechaos.qc.ca/anglais/intro2.html<http://cafechaos.qc.ca/anglais/intro2.html><http://cafechaos.qc.ca/ang<http://cafechaos.qc.ca/ang>
          lais/intro2.html>
          http://www.cafecampus.com/set.html<http://www.cafecampus.com/set.html><http://www.cafecampus.com/set.html<http://www.cafecampus.com/set.html>

          > those 2 places would suit you better IMO.
          >

          > On a side note it's too bad you're not opening for Megadeth....
          >
          > ATL
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129coa1kv/M=315388.5455589.6541277.22484<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129coa1kv/M=315388.5455589.6541277.22484>
          67/D=grplch/S=1705024748:HM/EXP=1097666656/A=2372354/R=0/SIG=12id813k
          2/*https://www.orchardbank.com/hcs/hcsapplication?<https://www.orchardbank.com/hcs/hcsapplication?>
          pf=PLApply&media=EMYHNL40F21004SS>

          > academyofanvil-
          unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com<mailto:academyofanvil-

          of Service<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>>.

          <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129j8cf0i/M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=grplch/S=1705024748:HM/EXP=1097839100/A=2319498/R=0/SIG=11thfntfp/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185352&partid=5285298>

        • xcygnusxyyzx
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 21, 2004
            Anvil are the envy of most metal bands. Mickee Dee of Motorhead loves
            anvil and respects robb a lot. I think when people think of Canadian
            Metal they think of Exciter. To a normal metalhead IRON MAIDEN are the
            best band. Normal Metal Heads dont even know who anvil are. Normal
            Metal heads are dumbasses. Its the OUtstanding Metal Heads like us
            that appreciate bands like Raven and Anvil. Cause we dare to disagree
            with what Magazines print.
            see you all in Etobicoke. Be there or be square.
            oh yeah ...SOX
            Danvil

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 21, 2004
              I bought the New Anvil cd at virgin records. If anvil were to open up
              for megadeth it would be a nightmare. Because Dave is just a LIps Wannabe

              --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "bartender678"

              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 23, 2004
                Talking about Iron Maiden, I went to hear Agent Steel on their website. The song was called "Avenger". Well, I thought it was Dickinson's new band with a former member of Metallica. Bands don't have any identity now. They seem to copy some other classic metal band's styles, put that all together.......and here they go!

                I'm an abnormal metalhead and I never liked when Anvil introduced few "sounding like" melodies in their songs. I'm glad and I can't wait to hear the next songs, cos Lips wrote that it wouldn't happen on the next CD. Now the reviewers are so shitty that they base their reviews on these resemblences. It's not a new thing that bands borrow a piece of melody and sometimes it's really a coincidence. Deep Purple made "My Woman From Tokyo" in 1972 and Bachman Turner Overdrive, "Taking Care of Business" in 1974. The both songs have a weird similarity at the end. But it's a basic rock 'n' roll melody, it was used since the 50's.

                I was listening to Paper General and I could say that there's a lot of Judas Priest in that. But, when SOS was released not a reviewer noticed that. The famous "Rapid Fire" that seemed to disturb all the reviewers in "The Chaisaw" is in Paper General too. But, Judas Priest was a basic for many musicians of the 80's. They brought a lot of riffs and sounds that will stay forever.

                Have fun Dan at Etobicoke!

                http://cafechaos.qc.ca/anglais/intro2.html<http://cafechaos.qc.ca/anglais/intro2.html><http://cafechaos.qc.ca/anglais/intro2.html<http://cafechaosqc.ca/anglais/intro2.html>><http://cafechaos.qc.ca/ang<http://cafechaos.qc.ca/ang><http://cafechaos.qc.ca/ang<http://cafechaos.qc.ca/ang>>

                http://www.cafecampus.com/set.html<http://www.cafecampus.com/set.html><http://www.cafecampus.com/set.html<http://www.cafecampus.com/set.html>><http://www.cafecampus.com/set.html<http://www.cafecampus.com/set.html><http://www.cafecampus.com/set.html<http://www.cafecampus.com/set.html>>

                <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129coa1kv/M=315388.5455589.6541277.22484<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129coa1kv/M=315388.5455589.6541277.22484><http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129coa1kv/M=315388.5455589.6541277.22484<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129coa1kv/M=315388.5455589.6541277.22484>>

                2/*https://www.orchardbank.com/hcs/hcsapplication?<https://www.orchardbank.com/hcs/hcsapplication?><https://www.orchardbank.com/hcs/hcsapplication?<https://www.orchardbank.com/hcs/hcsapplication?>>

                Service<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/><http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>>>.

                <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129j8cf0i/M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=grplch/S=1705024748:HM/EXP=1097839100/A=2319498/R=0/SIG=11thfntfp/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185352&partid=5285298<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129j8cf0i/M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=grplch/S=1705024748:HM/EXP=1097839100/A=2319498/R=0/SIG=11thfntfp/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185352&partid=5285298>>

                Service<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>>.

                <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129jaoeed/M=273541.4247512.5496808.2248467/D=grplch/S=1705024748:HM/EXP=1098491959/A=2061551/R=0/SIG=11sr5b9n1/*http://launch.yahoo.com/artist/videos.asp?artistID=1001301>