Assed Birth

  • anvilips2000
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 21, 2004
      Quite honestly, I have no axe to grind when it comes to Iced Earth.
      We did a short tour of the US a number of years ago, the agent who
      booked the tour(The Creep), caused a lot of bad vibes between the
      bands. Each of the shows paid next to nothing, and Iced Earth was
      charging money for the use of thier speaker cabnets and drums. It was
      about 50% of what we were making as our wage! Needless to say it
      caused some friction. The guys in Iced Earth were so rock stared out
      they wouldn't let us or the other support bands into the change
      rooms. Jag Panzer was the brunt of a joke I mentioned on stage, Harry
      the singer had made a dreadful mistake and called Columbus Ohio
      Cleaveland, and when we went on stage I made a joke of it. The
      bassist was livid with me, however Harry was amused, it really wasn't
      meant to insult anyone but the bassist took it really seriously. I of
      course apologized, and explained that Lemmy did the same thing to me
      when we toured England and I made the same type of mistake that Harry
      made when I called Birmingham, Newcastle!!! It happens all the time,
      when you do so many shows in a row you sometimes don't even know
      where you are. Iced Earth may hate us but I won't feed the flame, it
      was a difficult tour with many hardships that each band blamed the
      others for. After paying for backline use we never helped move Iced
      Earth's equiptment, we finished hours before they did and would leave
      after we finished playing, this really pissed them off, as well as
      being blown off the stage by us and Jag Panzer. By the time they
      would start thier set most people had left the club and those that
      were left over were too burned out to give a good response. It was a
      great experience for Jag Panzer and Anvil, but a living nightmare for
      Iced Earth. I really don't blame Shaffer for his resentment. That's
      the price you pay for trying to be a headliner in a country that
      doen't give a shit about what you are doing............
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 21, 2004
        HAHAHAHA! Great story!
        "Rawk and Rowl!!!!!"
        I can hear it now: "How ya fuckin' doing, Newcastle???"
        "ooops...." @_@

        More war stories from the road, please.

        cAtdeli