Re: Iced earth...

  • Elaine Delsignore
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 19, 2004
      Bartender sent me the setlist on the Yahoo Messenger, because we were discussing about Anvil. I think that he'll go at Arlequin (QC City) to see them and that he has a lot of albums or posters to get "signed". He's a fan....but is also a Iced Earth fan. He was a bit shy to send me this, but he did...My English is not perfect but I've noticed that something wasn't cool in that setlist. Catdeli (not able to say a bad word about anybody) had problem to figure out to understand why bringing back always Anvil on a setlist...I think that Tony found out! I wish that I knew what "Crybaby" is...I know only the meaning of "Asshole". Is that possible that a musician that deserves to be call like it...refers always to another band to justify his bad moods or whatever. I don't know if he's pissed off, but if yes: YAY!

      That's what I like with Anvil, they always surprises people, they never do what the others expect from them and they're like cats...it's on the feet that they fall. Maybe Lips next jokes onstage are going to be about Shaffer, no? Bartender asked me if Lips was still signing albums and if he would take some pics with him...I think that Lips and the other guys of Anvil are the ones that are always nice with the fans. They'll probably be tired on that Sunday, coming back from Rimouski....but I know Lips will go to see the fans. I won't be there, unhappily. I've received my card to work, I'll have my social security number in 3 weeks, but I'm still waiting for a letter telling the date/hour of my interview at the Imm. for the right to leave the US. I applied only in June for my Adjustment of Status. They took our check very quick but they're working slowly . They increased the "security" but decreased the staff.

      Keep on rockin.....in a free world!!

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 19, 2004
        What band writes comments on their setlist each night? Is that what
        this is supposed to be? This is something weird to me. Who put these
        comments on there anyway? Iced Earth's guitarist or bartender? I have
        some setlists from shows I saw and I always get close enough to at
        leaast read them on the stage and I have never seen comments on any
        yet.
        What is written on this one here appears to be very ANTI-Anvil in a
        few places but then at the bottom Anvil is mentioned as
        being "legendary". So do they think Anvil sucks or do they think that
        Anvil is legendary? The whole thing is bogus to me.

        confused cAtdeli
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 20, 2004
          That seemed strange to me as well.

          --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, catdeli <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > What is written on this one here appears to be very ANTI-Anvil in a
          > few places but then at the bottom Anvil is mentioned as
          > being "legendary". So do they think Anvil sucks or do they think that
          > Anvil is legendary? The whole thing is bogus to me.
        • bartender678
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 21, 2004
            It was not me who put those comments on the setlist it was the band
            (Iced Earth) as I grabbed teh setlist after teh show (Like I always
            do) and was curious when I read teh Anvil comments. I had talked with
            them after their show but only got the Iced Earth setlist after teh
            Iced Earth set so I had no chance to talk to them about that. I was
            out of town on the last Anvil tour so I could not talk to them about
            it, but I'm going to the Qc show and will hopefully talk to them
            about it and see what was that about if anything!