About bonus DVD from B.T.B.

  • loudnessfr
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 15, 2004
      I appreciated the DVD bonus accompanying the last album.
      This concert was superb even if one can notice several errors in the
      older songs ("Winged assassins" for example).

      Some questions:
      I see a young woman on the left scene which seems to appreciate
      well. Is this a friend of the group? :-)
      I see a sudden change from sound in the medium on the last
      track "Mothra" (as if the sound recording came from a private
      camera)?
      Does LIPS always have its vibrator??? :-)

      I don't really like the sound in the festivals but ANVIL has a good
      sound in this DVD and it's so good to hearing some old songs
      like "Winged assassins", "Forged in fire", "Mothra" (nervous Lips !)
      or "666" but where's "Free as the wind", my favourite song from
      ANVIL ???

      It's sad that I never see ANVIL touring in Paris (FRANCE) :-(
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 15, 2004
        Yes, the DVD is a good one, I watch it many times. The sound mix
        changes a lot through the concert and some times certain instruments
        get lost in the mix for a time. I think the show was probably mixed
        onto 2 track tape "on the fly", as it was happening. The soundman was
        busy adjusting levels and as he moved the faders, that is what we
        have on the master tape. Maybe Lips can know more about this. That's
        how it seems to me because sometimes Ivan's leads are right up in the
        mix and sometimes Lips' guitar gets lost while he's soloing. Yes,
        there is a big sound change at the time you mentioned so something
        happened there to knock things off course a bit. Overall, I enjoy the
        show! The camerawork is great and the playing was hot on this day.
        All the more amazing to me because Lips has said before that they had
        a bad monitor mix for the show. At the end of the first song "Five
        Knuckle Shuffle" on the DVD if you listen closely, you will hear
        somebody (Lips probably?) saying "I can't hear a fucking thing!!!".
        We were also wondering about the identity of this mysterious woman
        just offstage!

        cAt
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 15, 2004
          I thought that only women were curious??.."The woman behind Anvil" on the bonus DVD"....to follow!

          I love the DVD, but I prefer when the songs when they aren't perfectly matching with the recorded version. That's why I love blues and other stuff. Rush plays exactly like on the album and I've just felt like "I'm not watching a show". We were supposed to go to see Deep Purple, but we're broke. We had friends at home and my family just left this morning after a huge party last night...I was glad to see them.

          One thing made me curious about Lips first speech. "...you're not like those English fucks!". I've always wondered what happened in England in 1983. I tried to find out with the Kerrangs! that we have here, but they don't really tell anything about it. I've heard many stories. Like "Lemmy wanted to hire Lips to replace Fast Eddy Clark"...."They didn't have the success that they deserved (a classic one!)"..."They had a good crowd only at one place, a night". I wanted to know to put it in the Bio but it's like a blank.

          Also, it's sad that Anvil doesn't go in France...and in all the countries where they have fans. It's one of the only bands that got fans a little bit everywhere in the world. I dream of a special website that would webcast live shows (5$) with a good sound, good lights and a little crownd to create an ambiance. Many bands are to see still but unhappily the promotors are a rarity concerning metal music.

          Wacken (Metal Marathon 2004) has started to present some samples on Windows Media Player. They offer 2 hours free and Catdeli is now listening to Dio (Heaven and hell) www.hardy.tv.com for the rest, they charge. Doro is going to sing right now...Technology is fast, I hope that a canadian is going to be bright enough to show a kind of "Gate of Hell" online. High Speed Connection is cheaper that it was years ago. Dreams don't kill...

          Bye!

          tange