Re: Gates of Hell

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 25, 2004
      I'm glad the show went well, Lips! It usually is the case with the
      playing and everyone enjoying the bands. The ones who attend are
      assured of a good show 99 times out of 100. The problem with getting
      a big crowd for a metal show is here also. We just had last weekend
      the first annual "Aggressive Music Festival" at our rarely used Glens
      Falls (NY) Civic Center. It featured Slipknot, Slayer, Hatebreed,
      Shadows Fall, Sepultura and about 20 others on 2 stages for 2 days.
      There was a huge uproar in the media beforehand. The powers-that-be
      and the powers-that-wanna-be tried to get it cancelled on the grounds
      of the bands twisting the minds of the kids and turning them all into
      satanic serial killers. Well, the show went off without a hitch and
      it may become an annual thing here. But the point is, the turnout for
      such popular bands was comparatively light. The Center holds about
      8,000 and the attendance was 4,000 on Saturday and 2,500 on Sunday.
      Not a lot in my opinion. It's hit or miss because recently I saw
      Tesla in an 1100 seat club and it was asshole-to-elbow in there like
      never before. I think the more girls who attend the better. Maybe
      metal is not so popular with wimmens generally and that cuts down the
      crowd size a lot. Congrats to Ron Dane and his crew for putting his
      neck out to produce the show.

      cAt "goatboy" deli
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 28, 2004
        I will be posting Anvil pics from the gig tonight.
      • wipy1999
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 29, 2004
          Hey Man everyone only 200 people at this fest Damn That Sucks.
          Alright then like I said I am trying for Infernal Majesty in Janurary
          one month South American tour with maybe Cradle to Grave. I then know
          in feburary 2005 Infernal Majesty go to Japan. Lips I heard Infernal
          Majesty was boring at the show. That is What Colin MAD DOG Brown told
          me. No way Infernal Majesty Kill. O.K. I got to get going then. Hey
          one last question How was that Band The Infernal Majesty Guys had
          before Rapid Tears???? Is there any way to find MP3s for Raoid
          Tear???? O.K. then bye ya all,, Wipy PS one more thing How about
          MP3,s for Kraken from Canada too?????--- In