Re: [Academy of Anvil] Gates of Hell

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 25, 2004
      It's good to hear that it went the way it's suppose to go...But, the problem that you have in Toronto is unhappily everywhere. In Quebec City, the only place that is presenting "Heavy shows" right now is the bar "ANTI", in the C�te D'Abraham. It looks like a warehouse, and Goat Horn is going to play there next week.

      If I look here in Glens Falls, it's a lot worst! Some bands (Anthrax, Tesla, and some others...) played in the "Northern Light", but this place is the same size than Bar Rock Rive Sud.

      What is the most important is that you all had fun. Rock on!

      tange ;)

      anvilips2000 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      The show went very well!! Goat Horn and War Machine were great and
      also good guys. It was also great seeing John Ricci and the other
      members of Exciter. Of course Bob Reid the singer of Razor was his
      usual self, very enthusiastic to say the least. Tnfernal Majesty
      looked a bit road burnt as they have been touring but like gladiators
      they had no problems having a good time. I'm a bit let down at the
      turn out, you would think that there would have been a lot of people
      but as usual only about 200 at the most. I think we had a better turn
      out at Heads or Tails.... needless to say putting on a show like this
      is costly for the promoter and even with ticket prices at $25 it was
      almost impossible to break even. It was done by Ron Dane from
      Nitemare, who deserves a round of applause for his dedication to the
      cause. I highly doubt he made money last night but it's important to
      state that real metal doesn't make money ,it's lucky just to break
      even. All the bands were very respectful of each other and it was a
      pleasure to be part of.........and that is what really matters

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 25, 2004
        I'm glad the show went well, Lips! It usually is the case with the
        playing and everyone enjoying the bands. The ones who attend are
        assured of a good show 99 times out of 100. The problem with getting
        a big crowd for a metal show is here also. We just had last weekend
        the first annual "Aggressive Music Festival" at our rarely used Glens
        Falls (NY) Civic Center. It featured Slipknot, Slayer, Hatebreed,
        Shadows Fall, Sepultura and about 20 others on 2 stages for 2 days.
        There was a huge uproar in the media beforehand. The powers-that-be
        and the powers-that-wanna-be tried to get it cancelled on the grounds
        of the bands twisting the minds of the kids and turning them all into
        satanic serial killers. Well, the show went off without a hitch and
        it may become an annual thing here. But the point is, the turnout for
        such popular bands was comparatively light. The Center holds about
        8,000 and the attendance was 4,000 on Saturday and 2,500 on Sunday.
        Not a lot in my opinion. It's hit or miss because recently I saw
        Tesla in an 1100 seat club and it was asshole-to-elbow in there like
        never before. I think the more girls who attend the better. Maybe
        metal is not so popular with wimmens generally and that cuts down the
        crowd size a lot. Congrats to Ron Dane and his crew for putting his
        neck out to produce the show.

        cAt "goatboy" deli
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 28, 2004
          I will be posting Anvil pics from the gig tonight.
        • wipy1999
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 29, 2004
            Hey Man everyone only 200 people at this fest Damn That Sucks.
            Alright then like I said I am trying for Infernal Majesty in Janurary
            one month South American tour with maybe Cradle to Grave. I then know
            in feburary 2005 Infernal Majesty go to Japan. Lips I heard Infernal
            Majesty was boring at the show. That is What Colin MAD DOG Brown told
            me. No way Infernal Majesty Kill. O.K. I got to get going then. Hey
            one last question How was that Band The Infernal Majesty Guys had
            before Rapid Tears???? Is there any way to find MP3s for Raoid
            Tear???? O.K. then bye ya all,, Wipy PS one more thing How about
            MP3,s for Kraken from Canada too?????--- In