Re: Gates of Hell

  • Elaine
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 24, 2004
      Hey Lips, have a good time tonight. I hope Ivan will recover soon.
      Good gig!
    • anvilips2000
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 25, 2004
        The show went very well!! Goat Horn and War Machine were great and
        also good guys. It was also great seeing John Ricci and the other
        members of Exciter. Of course Bob Reid the singer of Razor was his
        usual self, very enthusiastic to say the least. Tnfernal Majesty
        looked a bit road burnt as they have been touring but like gladiators
        they had no problems having a good time. I'm a bit let down at the
        turn out, you would think that there would have been a lot of people
        but as usual only about 200 at the most. I think we had a better turn
        out at Heads or Tails.... needless to say putting on a show like this
        is costly for the promoter and even with ticket prices at $25 it was
        almost impossible to break even. It was done by Ron Dane from
        Nitemare, who deserves a round of applause for his dedication to the
        cause. I highly doubt he made money last night but it's important to
        state that real metal doesn't make money ,it's lucky just to break
        even. All the bands were very respectful of each other and it was a
        pleasure to be part of.........and that is what really matters
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 25, 2004
          It's good to hear that it went the way it's suppose to go...But, the problem that you have in Toronto is unhappily everywhere. In Quebec City, the only place that is presenting "Heavy shows" right now is the bar "ANTI", in the C�te D'Abraham. It looks like a warehouse, and Goat Horn is going to play there next week.

          If I look here in Glens Falls, it's a lot worst! Some bands (Anthrax, Tesla, and some others...) played in the "Northern Light", but this place is the same size than Bar Rock Rive Sud.

          What is the most important is that you all had fun. Rock on!

          tange ;)

          anvilips2000 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
[...]

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 25, 2004
            I'm glad the show went well, Lips! It usually is the case with the
            playing and everyone enjoying the bands. The ones who attend are
            assured of a good show 99 times out of 100. The problem with getting
            a big crowd for a metal show is here also. We just had last weekend
            the first annual "Aggressive Music Festival" at our rarely used Glens
            Falls (NY) Civic Center. It featured Slipknot, Slayer, Hatebreed,
            Shadows Fall, Sepultura and about 20 others on 2 stages for 2 days.
            There was a huge uproar in the media beforehand. The powers-that-be
            and the powers-that-wanna-be tried to get it cancelled on the grounds
            of the bands twisting the minds of the kids and turning them all into
            satanic serial killers. Well, the show went off without a hitch and
            it may become an annual thing here. But the point is, the turnout for
            such popular bands was comparatively light. The Center holds about
            8,000 and the attendance was 4,000 on Saturday and 2,500 on Sunday.
            Not a lot in my opinion. It's hit or miss because recently I saw
            Tesla in an 1100 seat club and it was asshole-to-elbow in there like
            never before. I think the more girls who attend the better. Maybe
            metal is not so popular with wimmens generally and that cuts down the
            crowd size a lot. Congrats to Ron Dane and his crew for putting his
            neck out to produce the show.

            cAt "goatboy" deli
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 28, 2004
              I will be posting Anvil pics from the gig tonight.
            • wipy1999
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 29, 2004
                Hey Man everyone only 200 people at this fest Damn That Sucks.
                Alright then like I said I am trying for Infernal Majesty in Janurary
                one month South American tour with maybe Cradle to Grave. I then know
                in feburary 2005 Infernal Majesty go to Japan. Lips I heard Infernal
                Majesty was boring at the show. That is What Colin MAD DOG Brown told
                me. No way Infernal Majesty Kill. O.K. I got to get going then. Hey
                one last question How was that Band The Infernal Majesty Guys had
                before Rapid Tears???? Is there any way to find MP3s for Raoid
                Tear???? O.K. then bye ya all,, Wipy PS one more thing How about
                MP3,s for Kraken from Canada too?????--- In