Gates of Hell

  • anvilips2000
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 22, 2004
      I thought everyone should know that we start at 8 pm on Saturday
      night. We had a choice between going on last, after 9 bands have
      played or go on earlier, we chose earlier. Hope to see you there. It
      is at Queen and Bathurst on the north east side of Queen across from
      the Big Bop.
    • Elaine
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 24, 2004
        Hey Lips, have a good time tonight. I hope Ivan will recover soon.
        Good gig!
      • anvilips2000
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 25, 2004
          The show went very well!! Goat Horn and War Machine were great and
          also good guys. It was also great seeing John Ricci and the other
          members of Exciter. Of course Bob Reid the singer of Razor was his
          usual self, very enthusiastic to say the least. Tnfernal Majesty
          looked a bit road burnt as they have been touring but like gladiators
          they had no problems having a good time. I'm a bit let down at the
          turn out, you would think that there would have been a lot of people
          but as usual only about 200 at the most. I think we had a better turn
          out at Heads or Tails.... needless to say putting on a show like this
          is costly for the promoter and even with ticket prices at $25 it was
          almost impossible to break even. It was done by Ron Dane from
          Nitemare, who deserves a round of applause for his dedication to the
          cause. I highly doubt he made money last night but it's important to
          state that real metal doesn't make money ,it's lucky just to break
          even. All the bands were very respectful of each other and it was a
          pleasure to be part of.........and that is what really matters
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 25, 2004
            It's good to hear that it went the way it's suppose to go...But, the problem that you have in Toronto is unhappily everywhere. In Quebec City, the only place that is presenting "Heavy shows" right now is the bar "ANTI", in the C�te D'Abraham. It looks like a warehouse, and Goat Horn is going to play there next week.

            If I look here in Glens Falls, it's a lot worst! Some bands (Anthrax, Tesla, and some others...) played in the "Northern Light", but this place is the same size than Bar Rock Rive Sud.

            What is the most important is that you all had fun. Rock on!

            tange ;)

            anvilips2000 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
[...]

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 25, 2004
              I'm glad the show went well, Lips! It usually is the case with the
              playing and everyone enjoying the bands. The ones who attend are
              assured of a good show 99 times out of 100. The problem with getting
              a big crowd for a metal show is here also. We just had last weekend
              the first annual "Aggressive Music Festival" at our rarely used Glens
              Falls (NY) Civic Center. It featured Slipknot, Slayer, Hatebreed,
              Shadows Fall, Sepultura and about 20 others on 2 stages for 2 days.
              There was a huge uproar in the media beforehand. The powers-that-be
              and the powers-that-wanna-be tried to get it cancelled on the grounds
              of the bands twisting the minds of the kids and turning them all into
              satanic serial killers. Well, the show went off without a hitch and
              it may become an annual thing here. But the point is, the turnout for
              such popular bands was comparatively light. The Center holds about
              8,000 and the attendance was 4,000 on Saturday and 2,500 on Sunday.
              Not a lot in my opinion. It's hit or miss because recently I saw
              Tesla in an 1100 seat club and it was asshole-to-elbow in there like
              never before. I think the more girls who attend the better. Maybe
              metal is not so popular with wimmens generally and that cuts down the
              crowd size a lot. Congrats to Ron Dane and his crew for putting his
              neck out to produce the show.

              cAt "goatboy" deli
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 28, 2004
                I will be posting Anvil pics from the gig tonight.
              • wipy1999
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 29, 2004
                  Hey Man everyone only 200 people at this fest Damn That Sucks.
                  Alright then like I said I am trying for Infernal Majesty in Janurary
                  one month South American tour with maybe Cradle to Grave. I then know
                  in feburary 2005 Infernal Majesty go to Japan. Lips I heard Infernal
                  Majesty was boring at the show. That is What Colin MAD DOG Brown told
                  me. No way Infernal Majesty Kill. O.K. I got to get going then. Hey
                  one last question How was that Band The Infernal Majesty Guys had
                  before Rapid Tears???? Is there any way to find MP3s for Raoid
                  Tear???? O.K. then bye ya all,, Wipy PS one more thing How about
                  MP3,s for Kraken from Canada too?????--- In